Thread: siphoning gas

Post Likes
    What is the preferred method of siphoning gas now? I haven't had to siphon any gas in the last 20 years and my skills are not as good as they used to be. It seems like the people that want their free estimates usaully drive big fancy foreign cars that have the small filler necks.
    Problem is that a .375 hose doesn't move much volume.I can't figure out how everyone else is doing it so effiecently. Is there a banjo fiiting about .625 that fits a cordless drill that can be screwed into the tank when you pull in the driveway? Goodman I dont know, I just dont know how some are doing this to stay alive with free guestimates. PLEASE HELP

Post Likes

GAS

fixitmanmc
    What are you talking about?
    41Gasman

Post Likes
    ?
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    I think your sniffin too much gas

Post Likes
    Originally posted by fixitmanmc
    What is the preferred method of siphoning gas now? I haven't had to siphon any gas in the last 20 years and my skills are not as good as they used to be. It seems like the people that want their free estimates usaully drive big fancy foreign cars that have the small filler necks.
    Problem is that a .375 hose doesn't move much volume.I can't figure out how everyone else is doing it so effiecently. Is there a banjo fiiting about .625 that fits a cordless drill that can be screwed into the tank when you pull in the driveway? Goodman I dont know, I just dont know how some are doing this to stay alive with free guestimates. PLEASE HELP
    I used to siphon gas from my next door neighbors car when I was younger. Then they came out with locking gas caps. Never did freon though.
    Learning is a lifelong process

Post Likes
    If I told you to stick that hose in the tank and blow on it , would you? a friend of mine can start one every time like that-- Me , I cant start one with an electric fuel pump

Post Likes
    I know where your coming from i just got it.You need to buy one of those new gas/electric hybrid SUV"s and join the rest of the club with getting screwed over by the rich folk. And voting with the donkey party wouldn't hurt.

Post Likes
    Most automibiles have a anti-siphon device installed now.

Post Likes
    1.)Stick the hose into the tank as far as you can.(you need a ten foot hose approx)

2.)Have the end of the hose in your hand let gas fill up in the hose as much as possible

3.)Close off the end of the hose with your hand

4.) Pull some of the hose out until where you suspect gas is in the hose and get this point below the plane of the bottom of the tank

5.)Remove your hand from the end of the hose and Wallah

6.) Sucking it with your mouth is stupid

Post Likes
    Alot of tanks are plastic now,
    Bring plenty of cans, Poke the gas tank.

Sit back and smile,
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    It's getting expensive to run all over town doing free estimates with gas prices the way they are.

So what's the solution besides not doing them? Raise your rates? Buy the salesmen mopeds?

Post Likes

You to offer something during the proposal to set you aside from the other guy. More so now, then ever.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    Most automibiles have a anti-siphon device installed now.

Damn , why didnt I think of that! so thats why I cant pump gas out with a fuel pump---anti theft devise

(walks away scratching his head)

Those state of the art high tech anti theft devices are easily disabled WHEN THE HOSE YOU ARE USING PUSHES THE SPRING OUT OF THE FILLER NECK AND INTO THE GAS TANK-

Thats what makes it a crime (in some states)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in