Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reamed by a rheem

Post Likes
    Well, there was certainly a lot of improper terminology being used on this one, ie; "combustion chamber". I was thinking there was water in the primary heat exchanger tubes.

Anyway, if you have condensate backed up into the collector box (proper term) it can only be from certain conditions;

*There is air getting into the drain lines between the trap and the IDB
    *The drain trap assembly is not functional. (check for any blockage in the taps on the trap. There have been instances of plastic film covering the openings due to improper molding of these trap assemblys)
    *There is no vent in the drain after the trap assembly.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Thanks Ro bo Tech you must be HVAC god. I"m not even in the same league with you. I think i'll hang it all tommorow and sell all my tools.

Post Likes
    Post a pic if you have one. We maybe able to help you a little better.

Take a pic of the furnace with both doors removed.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Post Likes
    That GRA has to pressure switches, right? The blocked vent pressure switch and the blocked drain safety.

How tall is the open vent for the condensate drain on the furnace? And, are the AC and Furnace drains tee'd together???

Post Likes
    Originally posted by alpo8484
    Thanks Ro bo Tech you must be HVAC god. I"m not even in the same league with you. I think i'll hang it all tommorow and sell all my tools.
    I'm beginning, after searching all 16 of your posts here, to think that you're not overly serious about this board and the professionals that post here.

Roboteq is, in fact, a highly experienced HVAC technician, and, also, as a matter of fact, a former Rheem factory field service representative.

It would be in your best interests, if you care at ALL whether or not your problem with this particular furnace gets solved, to try and pay attention, and forgo the smartass comments.

Post Likes
    Thanks dave,it's about time!!!
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

gasman Guest
    sounds like your collector box drain is blocked. take the hose off and clear the drain hole. put hose back on, then run the unit and see if water is coming out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in