Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs down

I'm having a problem with condensation. The combustion chamber keeps filling with water and no the lines are not plugged.And the furnace is level. It will run for about 3 days then fill up and quit working.

[Edited by alpo8484 on 03-04-2005 at 09:10 PM]

By any chance is this installed horizontally?
    If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

No it is not

Is there a condensate pump for it or does it drain direct. If pump may want to check operation if you haven't already
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Maybe a little more details.........Or is it a secret.What furnace do you have? Is it upflow,downflow? Obviously,it is a 90+ if it condensating.Fill us in.

Assuming it's a 90+% furnace
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

It's a rgra 120 upflow and it's no secret. I disconnect the drain system pressure switch the vent motor will run but won't fire obviously.As soon as i hook it up every thing shuts down

Hmm Full of.......Water

Alpo8484.So how is the furnace mounted?Up flow,down flow,horizontal left,horizontal right. Make and model number of the little rascal.I'm going to assume it is a ninty plus percenter.If its not we may have some REAL issues here.And if you will what exactly do you mean bythe combustion chambers are full of water? Any info you can give would be helpful on this end.
    Thank.41Gasman

Yes it's a 90+ sorry for not be specific I thought everybody would know, my bad. It fills up with water in the chamber behind the vent motor

Everything shuts down,you mean the whole thing. The ID blower quits running? The "drain system pressure switch" you speak of,is this connected to the ID blower?

No it runs through the safety's then to gas valve

Do those furnaces have a resevoir of sorts that the ID blower mounts to? If so maybe the hole for the drain never got punched out[factory]. Maybe some PVC filings got washed into it.

Re: Full of.......Water

Originally posted by 41gasman
    Alpo8484.So how is the furnace mounted?Up flow,down flow,horizontal left,horizontal right. Make and model number of the little rascal.I'm going to assume it is a ninty plus percenter.If its not we may have some REAL issues here.And if you will what exactly do you mean bythe combustion chambers are full of water? Any info you can give would be helpful on this end.
    Thank.41Gasman

Thank you for reformatting.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast