Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a home owner,why you do talk about homeowners like its a disease to own a home.

No its not a disease to own a home , however when homeowners come to this site , they will do anything they can to get free advise. There are rules set forth for this board, they Ignor those rules , and ask anyway. They will fill out their profile and post threads trying their best to sound like a contractor , just to get their questions asked, and when bad dangerous advise is given and a real contractor steps in , he then has to convince the other homeowner that he is right, and to top it all off statements are made to the effect that the HVAC contractors out there do not care about the people they serve(the homeowner) . all it takes is one person to make a statement like that here and it spreads like wildfire,

Thats the disease

Most of them are just asking for what they should expect to see from there contractor,they don't expect to replace a service call with a computer,telling a guy to clean his ignitor, is advice he can get for free from the maintenance guy at his work,it is not a trade secret.

Eddy, be carful about telling homeowners to clean the igniter. They might want you to pay for a new one when it breaks. Flame sensers are easier to clean.

also, be aware that when the unit flames up in their face and singes off their eyebrows, they'll come looking for the guy that suggested they perform their own service, or better yet, their attorney will come looking for you. Personally, I would be less concerned about the breakage of a part than I would be for the safety of that person, AND everyone else in the home.
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by irishmist
    also, be aware that when the unit flames up in their face and singes off their eyebrows, they'll come looking for the guy that suggested they perform their own service, or better yet, their attorney will come looking for you. Personally, I would be less concerned about the breakage of a part than I would be for the safety of that person, AND everyone else in the home.

irishmist thats what I told you about posting a checkout sheet for that new guy.You said no one answered his questions because someone could get hurt that is why.

I have a really nice start up sheet with all the proper info. Hit the web site icon below and shoot me an e-mail, and I can fax one to you, e-mail or snail mail.
    No finger pointing is a good idea, if you find a problem bring it up with the install boss not the HO. Good luck and stay in school.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

Originally posted by millerman
    I have a really nice start up sheet with all the proper info. Hit the web site icon below and shoot me an e-mail, and I can fax one to you, e-mail or snail mail.
    No finger pointing is a good idea, if you find a problem bring it up with the install boss not the HO. Good luck and stay in school.

Could you send fatt eddy one to.

This may happen to fat eddy if he tries to work on his furnace,,, (kidding) but homeowners this is what could happen if you do your own work..without knowing what your dealing with.

Eddy is this your furnace????

Originally posted by fixit50
    Eddy is this your furnace????

No That was what was left of it when he worked on it.

Talking

Man, you guys are cold, to diss my man F. E. Are those fire brick?
    Everyone has a purpose in life..........even if it's to be a bad example.

Seek first to understand, before seeking to be understood.

Originally posted by irishmist
    Man, you guys are cold, to diss my man F. E. Are those fire brick?
    I am not sure if they are fire brick or not, best bet is to ask fat eddy, It is a furnace he was working on for this girl scout pack.. LOL

uh I don't have a pkg one either,you couldn't even comprehend the ones I do I have.-

Could you send fatt eddy one to.

Frame, yea that wont work either, you know there isnt room in FE's file cabinet for 1 more piece of paper

And poor eddie just could not believe it WHEN I SAID HE IS A FAKE

start-up sheets are damn difficult to comprehend

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast