a/c startup residential - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I already told you what I know,I don't have one, thats what I know.

If you know hvac then you should know how to do a start up.
    How long have you been in the biz? Have you ever done a start up befor? Eddy you always do this. You put in your two cents but you cant back up any thing you say. Havent you been told this befor?

I will start up more tonnage this week than you will in your lifetime.

I thought you had your own co with so many that did all the work for you. No you are a sellsman.No your an installer no your just an idiot

maybe your just a ho with to much time

I am a home owner,why you do talk about homeowners like its a disease to own a home.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    uh I don't have a pkg one either,you couldn't even comprehend the ones I do I have.
    As if you comprehend them non-load calculating, torch grabbing, tip taking trouble maker.

Ho Hum,,

Hey PDavis ,

Just start the thing up, these people aren't going to help you because they don't know how.

Gentlemen, I think we got a little off topic...

Originally posted by pdavis6061980
    I'm new to the field and have about 8 months eperience and 2 weeks trade school. I've been offered a job as a start up man for a local ac company. he says they are very large homes, 4 - 5 units per home. what all do start ups consist of? are there any kind of check lists or anything of that sort? Thanks

I also think everyone has established he is new and that his company should be training him. Do you gents remember when YOU were in his shoes? Let us not bicker amongst ourselves and maybe help this lad...

pdavis, first and above all else do a visual inspection with whomever is training you.... Make sure high and low lines are connected completely. Ask your trainer if the installer vacuumed the lines down and released the freon. Check all electrical for frey or improper connection... Just go over the entire system like you where installing it. Once you have done that set the Stat to call for heat and make sure the furnace goes through proper operation, your trainer will be able to explain as you go.

There is a lot to go through as the others have stated. Just do your best and if you see something that might look to be wrong to you... speak up. You can't learn without asking questions. "A day gone by that you have not learned something... is a day wasted!"

I would also carry with you the furnace and air conditioner manual's that go with each type of equipment your company install's. put these in a 3 ring binder as they come in handy when you are in doubt on some things. some of these manuals even tell you things the homeowner should not know, not that that is a bad thing but it does get into alot of technical questions and that is where experiance comes in play. It is as not hard as these guy's make it seem to be. Trust me. We were all new to the feild at one time or another and some of them here forget that and seem to like to play super tech. They are the ones to stay away from, Just ask to be shown once or twice and you'll learn alot. Just remember to make yourself up the 3 ring binder with all the info. One binder for furnaces the other for air and heat pumps. you'll be glad you did. Good day and have fun..

Hey fixit I think that was pretty good advice , not that you need my approval.

Originally posted by fixit50
    I would also carry with you the furnace and air conditioner manual's that go with each type of equipment your company install's. put these in a 3 ring binder as they come in handy when you are in doubt on some things. some of these manuals even tell you things the homeowner should not know, not that that is a bad thing but it does get into alot of technical questions and that is where experiance comes in play. It is as not hard as these guy's make it seem to be. Trust me. We were all new to the feild at one time or another and some of them here forget that and seem to like to play super tech. They are the ones to stay away from, Just ask to be shown once or twice and you'll learn alot. Just remember to make yourself up the 3 ring binder with all the info. One binder for furnaces the other for air and heat pumps. you'll be glad you did. Good day and have fun..
    Great addition!

Originally posted by fat eddy
    uh I don't have a pkg one either,you couldn't even comprehend the ones I do I have.
    Just post it fatt eddy I will let you know.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast