Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    To anyone who disagrees, 8 months experience in HVAC does not make a startup tech, oh unless startup means turn it on and thats it. I get twisted when people think to practice this trade all you need is 6 months and your ready. Yeah I could train a person to accomplish certain tasks in this trade within 6 to 8 months, BUT there is so much more. Like one of the posts stated, do you want someone with that little experience performing something as important as a startup on your equipment? This is not an attack it is just stating the obvious. At 8 months experience, yes one can do startups, under the direct and involved supervision of a journeyman level technician.
    Saddle Up!

Guru:

I think the majority of us agree with you.
    But, this guy is going to do start ups.
    I wish he'd post what his experence is, then we might be able to help him, before he gets in real trouble and hurts some one.

His company is throwing him to the wolves.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Start ups should be left to the owner of the company.

These people who own or are buying this home have to live with your criteria if there lucky...for the next 10 years

Originally posted by -80guru
    To anyone who disagrees, 8 months experience in HVAC does not make a startup tech, oh unless startup means turn it on and thats it. I get twisted when people think to practice this trade all you need is 6 months and your ready. Yeah I could train a person to accomplish certain tasks in this trade within 6 to 8 months, BUT there is so much more. Like one of the posts stated, do you want someone with that little experience performing something as important as a startup on your equipment? This is not an attack it is just stating the obvious. At 8 months experience, yes one can do startups, under the direct and involved supervision of a journeyman level technician.

Thank you -80guru.

Originally posted by andrew boyce
    framehvac

Boy you are rather arrogant.

For all you know he may be smarter than you! and just wanted to check with the so called pros on this board to see how others did things.

I find your comments and others like yours rather rude and down right arrogant.

What is it with you HVAC contractors that makes you so mad at the world.. Come on now lighten up.

I am a member of other Boards covering subjects I have interests in and this is by far the most abusive board I have ever seen.

I was thinking I would get insight, Help and fun but sadly the attitude I find is almost exactly the same as what I find when I have the plumber or HVAC service person come to do work on my house. I gess it comes from years of dealing with cheep, pushy, demanding HO. But let me assure you that you would only come once to my house with that attitude!!!!

Sorry but I call it like I see it..

AB
    Sorry you feel that way andrew boyce but you are a home owner you do not work in this field if you worked in this field then you would know what I am talking about,one year in hvac is not alot of time to learn much hvac schooling is about one year when those guys get out they don't do start ups.I told you about your house,the installers are the hvac company the company is only as good as it installers he is a helper sorry.

[Edited by framehvac on 03-05-2005 at 08:30 PM]

With all his membership on other boards. The dummy dont Khow that you are the guy that he needs at his HOUSE.

If you have to ask this type of question on here, stay away from doing any start ups until someone in the trade has shown you hands on, with a complete explaination of why.

That's like asking someone over the phone to teach you how to weld. Watch, listen and take notes. In time, you won't even have to ask yourself, or others, this question.
    Get back to work.

By the way...how did you pursuade an HVAC company to hire you as a start up man if you have to ask this kind of question?

Get back to work.

Originally posted by andrew boyce
    framehvac

Boy you are rather arrogant.

For all you know he may be smarter than you! and just wanted to check with the so called pros on this board to see how others did things.

I find your comments and others like yours rather rude and down right arrogant.

What is it with you HVAC contractors that makes you so mad at the world.. Come on now lighten up.

I am a member of other Boards covering subjects I have interests in and this is by far the most abusive board I have ever seen.

I was thinking I would get insight, Help and fun but sadly the attitude I find is almost exactly the same as what I find when I have the plumber or HVAC service person come to do work on my house. I gess it comes from years of dealing with cheep, pushy, demanding HO. But let me assure you that you would only come once to my house with that attitude!!!!

Sorry but I call it like I see it..

AB
    Sorry sir, but most of us develop attitude problems from dealing with engineers with book smarts and no real world application.

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK DAMMIT,

He came here in search of information on a task he needs to perform regardless of his employers attitude I think he has a good one.,I would say he is well on his way to being a good tech.Post him a fricken start-up sheet.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    GIVE THE GUY A BREAK DAMMIT,

He came here in search of information on a task he needs to perform regardless of his employers attitude I think he has a good one.,I would say he is well on his way to being a good tech.Post him a fricken start-up sheet.

No way he will burn someone house down or blow it up.

He is going to the satrup regardless,he may as well have something to guide him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast