Thread: It's about time

Cool It's about time

That we can protect ourselves and our property to some extent without facing a lengthy stay in prison.

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/29/re...killing-man-w/

Nice spin, however.

Clements' attorney, Daniel Collins, claimed the shooting was in self-defense and occurred after Funches repeatedly struck Clements in the face.

Lets see, a twenty three yr old repeatedly punches a senior citizen (69 yrs old) in the face, yeah i would have shot him for the guy.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

I love the headlines. They make it seem like the homeowner shot the guy for nothing other than the dog pissing on his lawn. Even reading the article, they make it sound like the homeowner was a criminal, atleast what I get from it.

Sounds like alot is missing from the story.

What if in reality, the situation was this:
    OG is walking his pit bull down the street, and the dog starts pissing on it. Homeowner walks out, says get off my lawn. OG yells: "Forget yo yard foo, I do what I please" and punches the old man." Old man pulls gun, OG says "pull a gat, be ready to use it fo." Old man shoots OG. OG's a father of 2, 1 from two different women, both of which he owes child support to.

Completely different story.

I'd like to find out more about the story.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Read the whole story. The details are there, no not 100% and perhaps arranged poorly but they are there. It is sad an occurance between two individuals ended this way. I do not blame the homeowner for protecting himself, but I do wonder what the verbal exchange was like that led up to the assault.
    Saddle Up!

Even with this being all the shooter's side of the story making him sound like an angel and the victim the scourge of the neighborhood the following does not sound right.

Funches, who was standing about three feet away, said something else. Clements said he leaned in to hear when Funches punched him once in the mouth, causing him to stagger back a couple of feet.

'The punch kind of rattled my brain,' Clements said, adding that Funches didn't appear to be moving toward him. 'Instantaneously, I pulled my weapon, racked a round, and fired.'
    http://mywebtimes.com/archives/ottaw....php?id=415751

Sounds like the old man made a threatening move and the young guy stopped him. Seeing that this was after the old man threatened him with the gun it was probably not the best move. From reading some other articles it did not sound like the victim was quite quite the bad ass (with a big bad terrier puppy) as portrayed here.

Kind of seems to me that the old guy sat wanted to scare the young guy but it didn't work. By rights the young guy probably should have kicked the old guy's ass the first time he pulled out the gun. Mind you since the old guy had a few inches and a few more pounds on him he probably though against it.

Really good reason to kill someone, puppy pees on grass.

Printer. Your last sentence is ridiculous. The man shot the other because in his words he feared for his life. is that statement questionable? perhaps, WHat is sad is not only the loss of life but the real problem was the escalation of the situation. We have a choice as to how we can respond to things. The situation could have went another way.

Dog pees on grass. Homeowner responds, hear is a choice moment, homeowner responds with aggression or diplomacy. One or the other will illicit a reaction from dog owner. Dog owner responds, here is a choice moment, dog owner responds with aggression or an apology and walks away with lesson learned.
    The homeowner may have initiated with aggression or diplomacy we do not know. The dog owner responded to homeowner with aggression or diplomacy we do not know, Then the assault starts yes I am aware this is aggression I am referring to seconds leading up to the first punch even that moment was a choice moment.
    All these choices ended in a killing and an assault.
    What I am getting at is, the choices we as people make can effect the choices of others but will definately contribute to the outcome of the situation.
    Saddle Up!

Cool printer2

Doesn't realize this 69 year old gentleman is a trained killer by the US Government. All Marines are God Bless them all. This younger man had an anger and disrespect problem to begin with. The young dude exhibited a gross display of being stupid which got him killed. nuff said