Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoring Beagle View Post
    Robo I don't really have a horse in this race but...

That last sentence is like the pot the calling the kettle black.

Do what I say not what I do.

In all honesty some of this stuff is histrionic, political and manipulative.

Just sayin....
    I don't understand how my preference for a company to make available all opinions being manipulating. I am not looking for Apple to support any side of any subject, just that if Apple is going to claiming to be a media outlet, then Apple should allow all media to be processed and not just what suits the agenda of certain groups.

The question that arises is; Is Apple a non-associated business providing media methods or is Apple an advocate for homosexuallity, abortion and stem cell research? When a company becomes an advocate for political and social issues, then consumers should be given that information in order for them to be able to decide whether or not they want to do business with that company or not.

I and many others stopped supporting Hechinger's when Bill Hechinger used corporate profits and the fame of Hechinger's to support strong liberal gun laws. I doubt that had anything to do with Hechinger's demise, but who knows?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Why aren't those who are offended by references to homosexuality and abortion given the same consideration? Why should one group that claims to be offended be given preference over another group claiming to be offended?
    This is what I am referring to when I say that companies are taking sides on political and/or social issues. Unless a company is very small and specific in it's political/social standings, most companies choose to be as vanilla as possible when it comes to such issues. When a company becomes large enough that it's leaders feel they can use that company to manipulate political/social issues, that company becomes an advocate for some and an enemy of others. Apple evidentely feels it is strong enough to take such a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Any religion that involves abraham.

Basically Jews, Christians, Islam. Buddism would not be counted. Nor would Sikh. And others.
    Judaism is the base Abrahamic religion with Christianity being a fulfillment of it without disputing anything from Judaic scripture. Islam is a bastardization of the Abrahamic faith in that it has completely changed the history of it and does not accept the Christian outcome of it.

Islam, from it's very inception, is an assault on the two true Abrahamic religions.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Judaism is the base Abrahamic religion with Christianity being a fulfillment of it without disputing anything from Judaic scripture. Islam is a bastardization of the Abrahamic faith in that it has completely changed the history of it and does not accept the Christian outcome of it.

Islam, from it's very inception, is an assault on the two true Abrahamic religions.
    Right. I was trying to be objective. Objectively speaking, it's an abrahamic religion.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234