Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    As undergrad, I have done some research with PCO (primarily UV-B&C activated titania/zirconia oxide catalysts). As Lennox seems to have one of the more complete purification systems on the market, I am interested to learn more about the Pureair system. Has anyone installed the unit to notable success? In regards to the catayst, what is the cell size of the mesh screen? Are there multiple layers? Does the activated catalyst facilitate a reaction site on its own or is the efficacy of the process primarily in the reactions of hydroxls with influent air?

Also, a concern of mine is PCOs creation of CO2 as a biproduct of the oxidation reaction. With global concerns over carbon emmissions, at what point must we reconsider PCO as a viable solution to the IAQ problem?

I welcome any opinions...

Oh God, another engineer.
    Dogs truly are man's best friend!!

This is a double-post!!!

TBNelson, you seem to have forgotten that all humans & animals exhale CO2.... What do ya think we should do - kill all the animals & then ourselves to save the planet?

we have installed them ... they are very effective and are odor eaters ... but expensive installed but worth it to those who suffer ... unlike Puratech they have a great company behind them ... and they really do work!!!

what is the main difference between lennox pureair and pureatech. is it the catalyst?

yes and the unit is engineered from the ground up ... these are the only uv lights that work because they shine on a grid ... uv lights in the airstream have little effect on the air stream ... the grid is excited to destroy voc in the normal air stream a;png with filtration ... wow is what i say

The Tittan III is a good one.The Photo-Cat is used to help slow down pollutants ect...and coated with Titania what makes white paints white!so it can reflect the UV light and rays better.The newer technology is Plasma generation,over
    a hundred times more eff!!!!!

airman: what does a typical retrofit install run on the lennox pure air system. I have been told that uv rays do not bounce or reflect. Does any one know?

Thumbs down

Thought some one had made a better mouse trap tell I saw the UV

1800 to 2500 installed ... not for everybody but it is real good on odors ... like dogs

[Edited by airman1 on 04-03-2005 at 04:07 PM]

nevermind

[Edited by classical on 04-03-2005 at 12:49 PM]

Originally posted by classical
    You haven't installed 1800 actually less than 20.
    I'm reasonably sure he was responding to ss cares question about how much the typical installed price is on them, he just didn't put the $ in front of the numbers.
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

You are correct Mark I misread I apologize.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast