Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Owns Who???

Originally posted by framehvac
    Carrier / Bryant / Payne / BDP = (Built by Carrier)/ Temp Star / Heil / ArcoAire / ComfortMaker (Built by Heil/ICP)owned by United Technologies Corporation. = ok & bad
    What does Heil do to its packaged heatpumps to make them bad? Our SEER 12 unit has failed 5 times in 5 years, the first 4 times apparently because of problems with the electrical controls. How hard can it be to get a contactor or time delay circuit board right? Can I have better quality components installed on the next repair if I pay the extra cost (unit covered by 10-year parts & labor).

Originally posted by larrymoencurly
    Carrier / Bryant / Payne / BDP = (Built by Carrier)/ Temp Star / Heil / ArcoAire / ComfortMaker (Built by Heil/ICP)owned by United Technologies Corporation. = ok & bad
    What does Heil do to its packaged heatpumps to make them bad? Our SEER 12 unit has failed 5 times in 5 years, the first 4 times apparently because of problems with the electrical controls. How hard can it be to get a contactor or time delay circuit board right? Can I have better quality components installed on the next repair if I pay the extra cost (unit covered by 10-year parts & labor).

hiel doesnt do anything. all manufactures us these boards. they dont make them they purchase them from other manufactures. you just got unlucky whit the boards not the unit, my question has been for years why doesnt the board manufactures of the dam boards make them of better quality

airflo is lennox? Loks an awful like carrier ckc.
    disagree about the bashing, every one has a favorite brand and will push it and knock the others, be A/C's, cars, sports teams, ex UK wildcats are the best and the rest arent!

Originally posted by htinglky
    airflo is lennox? Loks an awful like carrier ckc.
    disagree about the bashing, every one has a favorite brand and will push it and knock the others, be A/C's, cars, sports teams, ex UK wildcats are the best and the rest arent!
    It's interesting how quickly folks can get off topic and turn a simple information gathering thread into there own soapbox. This "was" a good thread until the product bashing started. Everyone does have there own opinions in equipment, whether its ease of install, durability or ease of maintenance. Thanks to those that answered the question posted, it is good information.
    Proud supporter of Springfield Millers and Oregon Ducks.

As far as the Goodman line goes; Goodman became a company in the early 1980's by taking over the hundred year old Janitrol company.

Goodman, Janitrol, GMC as well as many private brand equipment (including Sears for quite a while) are all the same equipment built by Goodman.

Amana was bought by Goodman in the late 1990's and the white goods products as well as the brand name were sold to Maytag shortly after.

Goodman products have been enhanced by using the Amana technology while Amana has increased volume by using Goodman marketing. It has been a good merge of product assets as was proved with the high dollar sale of Goodman to The Appollo Group.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

they all work, but some are better.
    You are absolutely correct. There can be no question. The idea that all companies build identical quality products is obviously false and requires no further explanation.

Now... Please reveal the proof that you've gathered to show which is which. Show me the impartial data gathered by scientific method that quantifies in purely objective terms which brand is better. Of course that will vary within a brand. One brand may make better 13 SEER product while another makes a better 10 SEER product. And that will vary by year as well. So don't forget to break it down in detail by make, model and year.

I've always believed some brands had to be better than others. Finally frame has come along with the proof that I've so very much wanted.

RoBo

Just a hi from the pipes. Long time no talk to you. Hope all goes well. Read your bio. You've been busy.
    Am looking at putting a new goodman downflow in my mom's mobile home here shortly. Need to see if four-row cooling coil available. Damn humidity in So. Calif. anyway. LOL
    Haven't done a residence in many years. Retired this year after 40 years.
    tom

make sure it is mobile home rated, some arent

We all know it's the installation, not the brand.....................

mostly.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Hey... ol bald one....

besides happy birthday... you do have the powers to edit and make this thread work for us.. hummmmm I can see the wheels turning...

It's hopeless

You know when the subject of brands comes up, the bashing begins Oh well. As a famous man once said, can't we all get along?

Originally posted by BaldLoonie
    It's hopeless

You know when the subject of brands comes up, the bashing begins Oh well. As a famous man once said, can't we all get along?
    The Pied Piper?

Back to the topic. Anyone want to categorize and post a useful chart?

And what all does ICP have?

I know Snyder General is now under them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast