Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    ..................................One of the arguments from the atheist group that has successfully sued to have these memorials removed is that Christians would be upset over memorials of upside down crosses or an Islamic crescent symbol. Well, I don't know what religious faith an upside cross represents.
    Yeah well check this out from the Clinton's. Thank you very much

"I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

You know, that really is not a bad picture of her.

The Cross of St. Peter (officially known as the Petrine Cross or colloquially Peter's Cross) is an inverted Latin cross. The origin of this symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that St. Peter was crucified upside down, as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner that Christ died (upright). It is often used with two keys, symbolizing the keys of heaven.

The Alexandrian scholar Origen is the first to report that St. Peter was crucified head downward, for he had asked that he might suffer in this way. Some Catholics use this cross as a symbol of humility and unworthiness in comparison to Christ.
    http://www.worldlingo.com/ma/enwiki/...s_of_St._Peter

http://www.shasta.com/sphaws/invertedcross.html

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    We've already one case like this even though vandals tore the cross down
    http://www.donttearmedown.com/
    So, if atheists can't get their way legally, they will just get their way criminally. After 75 years in existance, just what possesses someone to commit an illegal act of destructiveness to prevent Christianity from being allowed to exist openly? Is this not what the Nazi's did? Is this not what Islamist's do? Is this not what Communist's do?

Weeks after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled to protect the Mojave Desert War Memorial, vandals, in the dark of night on Sunday, May 9, tore down the seven-foot-tall monument that stood bolted for more than 75-years atop Sunrise Rock honoring our nation's war dead.
    Looks like atheists are joining Muslim's in their anti-Christian terrorism. Next, it will become illegal to display or say anything Christian for fear there will be retaliatory violence committed. This is nothing new folks. Fascism has it's way where ever fascists cause governments to act strictly out of fear.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I see it as the courts rather than the government.
    Don't know how it works in Canada sparky, but in the United States, the courts are part of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    An upside down cross is used by Satanist'. Much of what they do is the exact opposite of Christianity, speak backwards, face the west when praying, wear an upside down cross.
    Well then, if a devout Satanist Law Enforcement officer dies in the line of duty, then he or she should have the right to have there memorial with an upside down cross. It's just an icon. There is nothing spiritual about icons.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    I think the creation of this country had more to do with a finger on a trigger.

Unless of course you think it was alright with your god, to wipe out the original owners of this land.

Roy
    God Created us as temporary vessels for spiritual entities that live on with or without God after our mortal bodies expire. God has given us complete free will to choose as we wish. But no, I don't see God (there IS only one) condoning the killing of the indigenous peoples of the America's, but I also don't see where God would intervene since we are all going to die a mortal death anyway.

Also, indigenous peoples of the America's did not own this land. Overall, they also did not want to share it. Mankind has been warring over who is the baddest human since mankind came into existance. It's not like the America's were treated any differently then any other inhabited place on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Next time I better bring my german birth certificate with me that shows I'am evangelisch...then again he may not like the swastika on it.

Roy
    Perhaps it might be better if you would just remove your German helmet first and then he may not ask for your bith certificate.. Couldn't resist there roy, carry on have a good night. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post

I agree with Printer about that being a flattering photo of Chelsea.

More importantly, I just learned about St. Peter's Cross;
    The origin of this symbol comes from the Catholic tradition that Simon Peter was crucified upside down, as told by Origen of Alexandria. The tradition first appears in the "Martyrdom of Peter", a fragmented text found in, but likely predating, the apocryphal Acts of Peter, which was written no later than 200 A.D. It is believed that Peter requested this form of crucifixion as he felt he was unworthy to be crucified in the same manner that Christ died (upright). As such, some Catholics use this cross as a symbol of humility and unworthiness in comparison to Christ.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

Ya learn something new every day.

Don't know how it works in Canada sparky, but in the United States, the courts are part of the government.
    Here the politicians write the laws and the courts rule on cases that apply to those laws. The politicians do not have influence over the judges and how they rule in the cases. Probably the same there being our legal systems came from the same origin.

I guess I made a mistake in thinking you meant the government as in the politicians and bureaucrats pushing political ideology. Yes the legal system is a part of a functioning government but theoretically the government can not influence the court system.

Not like in Russia where an oil tycoon decided to promote democracy and Putin decides to throw him in jail. Even after serving his time they decide to have a new trial and sentence him in for more time so Putin can run for president in the next election without opposition. Sorry for the rant.

Here the politicians write the laws and the courts rule on cases that apply to those laws. The politicians do not have influence over the judges and how they rule in the cases. Probably the same there being our legal systems came from the same origin.

I guess I made a mistake in thinking you meant the government as in the politicians and bureaucrats pushing political ideology. Yes the legal system is a part of a functioning government but theoretically the government can not influence the court system.

Not like in Russia where an oil tycoon decided to promote democracy and Putin decides to throw him in jail. Even after serving his time they decide to have a new trial and sentence him in for more time so Putin can run for president in the next election without opposition. Sorry for the rant.
    Theoretically, we have a Black, American born president who was never a Muslim.

Theoretically, we have a Black, American born president who was never a Muslim.
    Yeah that is what the press, the Democratic Party (and printer of course) are telling us everyday. Just like out of 1984 and newspeak how nice. Thank you, thank you very much.
    Barry Goldwater

Wink Bad thing about our present system

Our Pres appoints all federal judges with the consent of the Senate. The political agendas are played out largely on this level. I can't see obama putting a white evangelical right wing conservative before the Senate.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast