Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Another successful government attack on Christianity

Since I can't seem to get this atheist site to function properly, here is what comes up in a google search;
    American Atheists | Atheists Sue To Remove Inauguration Prayer

- 12:20pm
    Dec 22, 2010 ... Atheists Win! Appeals Court Refuses to Hear Utah Crosses Case: (December 21st, 2010) - The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals has denied a ...
    https://atheists.org/.../Atheists_Sue_to_remove_Inauguration_Prayer - Cached
    Looks like Cross Memorials, most of which are on private property, are being made illegal by the State of Utah.

One of the arguments from the atheist group that has successfully sued to have these memorials removed is that Christians would be upset over memorials of upside down crosses or an Islamic crescent symbol. Well, I don't know what religious faith an upside cross represents, but if a fallen State Trooper were Muslim, he or she should certainly be able to have a crescent memorial just as a Jewish trooper would appropriately have a Star of David memorial.

Just how do those running our government justify making such changes on "what if" scenarios fabricated by a minority hate group?

I have tried to access two atheist sites with links about this case. Neither one is letting me see what the atheist sites have written about this case. This is what I get from one;
    Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    This one is about the same atheist organization pressuring Utah to not allow the State Troopers to appeal the decision to remove these memorials. WTF?!

OK, I found a site that has some information about this case that works;
    The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals has denied a request to have an entire panel of judges to rehear whether the 14 large, white crosses that currently commemorate fallen Utah Highway Patrol troopers are unconstitutional.
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/athei...h-crosses-case
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Looks like an atheist organization attack on Christianity rather than the government but maybe there is more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Looks like an atheist organization attack on Christianity rather than the government but maybe there is more to the story.
    Why they do it, I still can't figure out, but we have come to expect atheist organizations to attack Christianity. The problem here is that the Utah State government has joined the attack by appeasing atheists in their lawsuit and then by not allowing the State Troopers to appeal.

To tell the truth, I would not want to be an atheist being pulled over in Utah right now.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

We've already one case like this even though vandals tore the cross down
    http://www.donttearmedown.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Just drawing distinction here...

Atheists are those who chose not to believe in religion. They aren't necessarily adversarial toward religion, many of them have no problem co-existing with those of us who practice a faith.

The people you reference are anti-Christians. They wage war on Christianity. Ironically, our constitution should protect our right to free exercise from them; not the other way around.

this really upsets me when you hear stories like this. this country was founded on god and when we start to take god out thats when this country is going to fall. i mean thats whats great about this country is the freedom to choose whatever religion you want. the problem with athiests is they arent a religion they are the disbelief in religion all together so how the hell do they have any rights to change anything on a religious stand point. but thats ok because god is going to have the last say boy i would love to see all the atheists faces when that time comes lol. what i really cant believe is this is happening in utah of all states i would never have expected that

There are as many idiots in Utah as anywhere else!

But like K fridge said, it is not atheist actions here, it is anti-christian. They claim to be atheist, however I have known several atheists and they are generally indifferent towards religion, not aggressive towards it.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why they do it, I still can't figure out, but we have come to expect atheist organizations to attack Christianity. The problem here is that the Utah State government has joined the attack by appeasing atheists in their lawsuit and then by not allowing the State Troopers to appeal.

To tell the truth, I would not want to be an atheist being pulled over in Utah right now.
    I see it as the courts rather than the government.

Next time I better bring my german birth certificate with me that shows I'am evangelisch...then again he may not like the swastika on it.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Well, I don't know what religious faith an upside cross represents[/url]
    An upside down cross is used by Satanist'. Much of what they do is the exact opposite of Christianity, speak backwards, face the west when praying, wear an upside down cross.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Cool You have just

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Just drawing distinction here...

Atheists are those who chose not to believe in religion. They aren't necessarily adversarial toward religion, many of them have no problem co-existing with those of us who practice a faith.

The people you reference are anti-Christians. They wage war on Christianity. Ironically, our constitution should protect our right to free exercise from them; not the other way around.
    Described satanists. I agree with your statement. I don't give 2 cents about what others say, God's hand was on the creation of our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    An upside down cross is used by Satanist'. Much of what they do is the exact opposite of Christianity, speak backwards, face the west when praying, wear an upside down cross.
    I did not realize Christians faced any particular direction while praying never mind Satanists turning in the other direction. Thank you for bringing us up to speed on those.

And when Satanists talk backwards is it just the words they speak backwards or do they say the whole sentence backwards. In that case when having a conversation do they answer the question before it is asked?

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Described satanists. I agree with your statement. I don't give 2 cents about what others say, God's hand was on the creation of our country.
    I think the creation of this country had more to do with a finger on a trigger.

Unless of course you think it was alright with your god, to wipe out the original owners of this land.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast