All I can say is "How Sad" is that.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

I think government should get out of people's lives and let them do whatever they like.

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    I think government should get out of people's lives and let them do whatever they like.
    In other words, Printer believes that those opposed to the government being in charge of all aspects of our lives including what we eat and when we should be disqualified by government actuaries from further medical treatment, must then be ok with letting a two year old smoke cigarettes.

What ever happened to parental discipline?

I have a 3 year old step-son, and yeah he throws fits when he doesn't get what he wants, and if he is angry or violent he gets punished. His "father" gives him what ever he cries for, then sends him home and he expects the same treatment. I want him to grow up with respect and good judgement, all his "father" wants is to win the favorite daddy award!

Pisses me off.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!

Indonesian households spend more on tobacco than they
    do on clothing and meat.

Over 50% of Indonesians smoke. The evidence is
    everywhere - in malls, on the roadside, after work,
    during lunch - Indonesians are addicted to smoking. And
    they start young. The Indonesian health department
    estimates that 22.9% of urban 10-year-olds and 24.8% of
    rural 10-year-olds smoke.

- "Guess why Indonesians smoke so much?" Rani asked. "We
    are a Muslim country. We're not allowed to drink. So we
    turn to the other vice - smoking,"
    http://www.dailyreckoning.co.uk/emer...companies.html

Investing in emerging markets.

LOL...I think the govt. should race in and take the kid away and jail the parents. Then they should make them pay for the kids health insurance for the rest of the kids life. They should also put sterilization chemicals in the water to prevent unsuitable people from pro-creating.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    LOL...I think the govt. should race in and take the kid away and jail the parents. Then they should make them pay for the kids health insurance for the rest of the kids life. They should also put sterilization chemicals in the water to prevent unsuitable people from pro-creating.
    But would not just letting the kid kill himself off with cigarettes just be another way of reducing the number of children as with a sterilization program? It is not like they have a shortage of people in Indonesia.

It's not the child's fault. Get him off the cigs and he has many years left of productive life to serve the welfare of humanity. Teach him and provide him with the wisdom that his parents do not have and he is unlikely to make the same mistakes.

Sterilization of the masses is tricky. How does one sterilize the unworthy while not affecting those that exhibit intellectual superiority? That's a delima for the scientists to solve not just a dumb old HVAC guy. Maybe with his parents they should just tie her tubes and whack his nuts off?

The common sense

Way of handling this would be to impose some type of child edangerment law. Children this young cannot decide for themselves what is right or wrong. Would you give this child a loaded gun?

Nanny State?
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by 2cool4us View Post
    Way of handling this would be to impose some type of child edangerment law. Children this young cannot decide for themselves what is right or wrong. Would you give this child a loaded gun?
    I think I was 7 or 8 when my parents gave my brother and I a 22 and a box of shells and told not to shoot up in the air. Mind you they probably saw an opportunity but one that did not pan out.

Indonesia's smoking toddler has kicked the habit.

Psychologist Seto Mulyadi, who took the child into his own home as part of rehabilitation efforts, said Friday the boy has stopped asking for cigarettes.

He said Aldi picked up the habit because virtually every man in his fishing village in South Sumatra province smokes.
    http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Health/201...ng-boy-100903/

See, smoking is not addictive.

Don't have the link right now but they said that 20% of boys age ten already smoke in Indonesia.

Or just whack their heads off!!
    The second mouse gets the cheese!!