+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats my worth

Post Likes
    First off like to say hi to everyone being im new as to find out what my worth I went to a trade school for a year full time 6 hour days then ive been working in the field for the past 2 years i work for a small company with 2 employees besides the owner. I install service repair residential and commercial units also any change outs required im also able to size units design duct work for the jobs. We also do sheet metal work so any and every job i do change out or install i measure it up and go to our shop and make the duct work i will be avalible for my journeyman license next month please let me know what you guys think thanks and look forward to post in the forums with everyone

Post Likes
    At 2 years I had a big head I though that I know everything that I was the man 2 years is just a start in the hvac field if you can do what you say then about $10. to $15. at a small company.

Post Likes
    im not letting it go to my head i just think im doing alot of things to be in the trade for only 2 years and think i should be making more money i mean i basically run the company the boss is there 2 times to get the contract signed and a deposit then the second time would be to pick up the rest of the money

Post Likes
    i basically run the company

Their is your answer open your own hvac company,at 2 years in hvac field you think you run a company,sorry I don't think so I said I have a big head at 2 years in the field & I think you do to now.You have a hard path in front of you to go how much do you make?

Post Likes
    i guess if you worked there you eould see what im talking about i dont have a big head what im saying by basically ruyn the company meaning i do all the physical work with little to no help by the owner i mean ive got an apprentice license and i got a helper from what im understanding im supposed to be the helper right thats why im posting on here cause it just dont seem right

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jason9301
    i guess if you worked there you eould see what im talking about i dont have a big head what im saying by basically ruyn the company meaning i do all the physical work with little to no help by the owner i mean ive got an apprentice license and i got a helper from what im understanding im supposed to be the helper right thats why im posting on here cause it just dont seem right

How much do you make?How much do you make?How much do you make?How much do you make?How much do you make? Yes you should be the helper they let you go to soon their isn't alot of hvac guys in the south are you in the south?The owner doesn't work in the field at all if you don't like your helper let him go tell your boss to find a new one.

Post Likes
    i make 18 and change/hr i like my helper boss works in the field but does other things mainly specializing in driving and selling jobs he does occasional service calls and small change outs that i have to go finish up and no im not in the south im in Maryland

Post Likes
    i make 18 and change/hr i like my helper boss works in the field but does other things mainly specializing in driving and selling jobs he does occasional service calls and small change outs that i have to go finish up and no im not in the south im in Maryland

I have been in the hvac field for over 6 year you just made me sick you make more then me after reading your last post I think you have it made do you think your boss will hire me to.

Post Likes
    Just think you can go back as a helper.

Post Likes
    What city do you live / work in? Either way you are making good money for 2 years in. I think what you may be seeing or thinking "This job was done in 3 hours and sold for 3,000 and all I made was around $55 man I am getting screwed here while the boss only collects and does no work. What you dont see is the overhead that he also has and the other things he has to pay for. 2 years exp and tech school I would say you are doing well at over 18 an hour. I dont know what the cost of living is in your area but unless you are some where where burgers cost 10 bucks each I would say you are probably doing ok. I would imagine you also have little to no bennefits as well.

Post Likes
    (heavy sigh)
    Eighteen bucks an hour after only 2 years!? I am so coming to apply for your job, and I have 15 years in the field, and have been doing everything that you do and then some for most of the 15. The difference is that I have come to realize I would not be making that decent (hell, awesome)wage if I did not have a boss that was out meeting contacts, crunching numbers, figuring out systems, and loads on the programs and computers he paid for, networking, signing my paychecks each week, paying the rent or payment on the shop, paying for the sheet metal that comes into the shop and every other thing we use there from the coffee to the toilet paper to the brake. He also bankrolls the equipment and me till he gets paid on the job, which is sometimes months after the fact. Oh now let's discuss payroll taxes, workmans comp, yada yada yada, insurance, advertising, yada yada yada. Oh the service van needs tires, radios, cell phones, whatever.
    AND you have a helper you dont want to kick in the rear!? And have you maybe recieved a bonus of some kind in the past year....given out of the goodness of your boss' heart? So many times the employees think the business could not run without them, without giving one thought or thanks to the employer that has provided a spot for you to shine so bright, or one thought to the fact that there are another 10 guys sitting in your same town that could do your job and not be resentfull toward the man providing them with a place to work.

Post Likes
    sorry, can't get off my soap box. Everyone has their job in any business. The job of the employer in this case is to sell, he doesnt have to get his hands dirty because he is out selling, if he weren't, there would be no job to install. It takes more time to sell than most people think, it leaves very little time to install unless you are working 20 hour days. Then a smart man gets someone to install and pays him a decent wage to do it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by stockfleth
    (heavy sigh)
    Eighteen bucks an hour after only 2 years!? I am so coming to apply for your job, and I have 15 years in the field, and have been doing everything that you do and then some for most of the 15. The difference is that I have come to realize I would not be making that decent (hell, awesome)wage if I did not have a boss that was out meeting contacts, crunching numbers, figuring out systems, and loads on the programs and computers he paid for, networking, signing my paychecks each week, paying the rent or payment on the shop, paying for the sheet metal that comes into the shop and every other thing we use there from the coffee to the toilet paper to the brake. He also bankrolls the equipment and me till he gets paid on the job, which is sometimes months after the fact. Oh now let's discuss payroll taxes, workmans comp, yada yada yada, insurance, advertising, yada yada yada. Oh the service van needs tires, radios, cell phones, whatever.
    AND you have a helper you dont want to kick in the rear!? And have you maybe recieved a bonus of some kind in the past year....given out of the goodness of your boss' heart? So many times the employees think the business could not run without them, without giving one thought or thanks to the employer that has provided a spot for you to shine so bright, or one thought to the fact that there are another 10 guys sitting in your same town that could do your job and not be resentfull toward the man providing them with a place to work.

stockfleth I seen it first back off this is my job,

Post Likes
    If you don’t like it find something else but the long and short of it is you are a well paid employee.
    if you think you are running the business then do it on your own and see what’s really involved the things you don’t see now then you can go crawling back in six months and beg for your job back.
    Not trying to be harsh but you have no clue how much of a$$ you sound like. If you can make more than do it but it’s not the bosses job to baby sit you especially if you want to work full time.
    slow down learn more and enjoy that oversized pay check

Post Likes
    sorry...couldn't stop my fingers, they have a mind of their own, and that soap box is so close.

Post Likes
    to all you guys wanting a job if and when we go to hire i will post so that any of you in md interested can come apply and to the guy talking about the benifits he pays them 100% but there just medical no dental or vision just basically bottom line benes dental aint much and as long as i dont have eye problems ill be ok

Post Likes

Frown

stock flesh i think you have a poor out look on things like i dont appreciate my job as for you saying people are big headed i think your the one big headed you sound like the type of guy when the boss asks you to do things you back talk or say to your helper go do it then if it is wrong you put it on him we also do jobs that alot of other company say they cant do then weve had job to do that some cocky guy like you came in to with a cheaper price so the cust says do it and halfay through the job you get lost dont know how to make it work then my comp comes by whipping your behind and maybe thats why you have done nothing but talk down to me and thing is it was a simple question i dont know the pay scale within this trade thats why i said whats my worth if you say its good money for the time it is it has nothing to do with not appreciating the boss

Post Likes
    to all you guys wanting a job if and when we go to hire i will post so that any of you in md interested can come apply and to the guy talking about the benifits he pays them 100% but there just medical no dental or vision just basically bottom line benes dental aint much and as long as i dont have eye problems ill be ok

Thats nice of you.Thanks

[Edited by framehvac on 03-07-2005 at 06:44 PM]

Post Likes
    Yes $18. an hour is good money.We were just funning with you because we like you jason9301.

Post Likes
    thanks for the input from everyone except for the A$$ stockflesh thank god i dont hasve to work with anyone like him

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in