Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by midhvac
    I like the ink idea. Especially if it's permanent. It would be cool to see a junkie who looked like Gorbachev.
    I was told that they could put something in weed that when you smoked it,it made your skin green so they would know who smoked it but they couldn't use it at this time.

Originally posted by framehvac
    Originally posted by midhvac
    I like the ink idea. Especially if it's permanent. It would be cool to see a junkie who looked like Gorbachev.
    I was told that they could put something in weed that when you smoked it,it made your skin green so they would know who smoked it but they couldn't use it at this time.
    That's old technology. When I was 9, my dad caught me stealing his cigs and made me smoke a nickel cigar down to the nub. I turned green just before I spilled my cookies.

Talking

I lost my welding machine, bottles, tools on the trailer, plus a new 18'trailer from the Church bus pen. This stealing is very personal to me. Sort of like that comercial about someone going through the wife's pantie's drawers. Don't touch her stuff, she will kill you!

this is what should happen to DeWalt tool thieves

http://home.comcast.net/~senmech/DeWalt_Drill.wmv

I dont know if this is a solution but you know those spring loaded animal traps, well i bolted two of them in the tool box in the bed, since that seems to be a spot they rummage through----let em stick their hands in there now and this time--i hope they get hurt----they arent the real big traps or the ones with teeth, but ill bet they will break a few fingers

Originally posted by ct2
    I dont know if this is a solution but you know those spring loaded animal traps, well i bolted two of them in the tool box in the bed, since that seems to be a spot they rummage through----let em stick their hands in there now and this time--i hope they get hurt----they arent the real big traps or the ones with teeth, but ill bet they will break a few fingers

While we all hate the thought of being ripped off, this may not be the best Idea, not for the fact that I would use bear traps myself , but due to the legal system and its quirks, they may have grounds to sue you if in fact they do get Injured, I thought a few years ago a homeowner got sued by a burgler because he failed to post a beware of dog sign on his property, needless to say the burgler got bit and the homeowner ended up paying the medical bills plus pain and suffering. As a determent you might think of motion detector lights or not sure what they cost but there is those cameras that detect motion and snap pictures as well, its a shame we have to sometimes resort to extreme measures to protect our homes.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

in the last 3 years my truck has been broken into
    4 times. once it came to approx. 18000. didnt enen leave
    a screw driver. 2 recovery machines & 1 vac. pump this last year. am going to the spy shop today & try to find a gps
    i can put in new recovery machine & possibly track them
    down.

I have a four door truck. I keep the back seats folded up, with a platform over the wells under the seat. I've got six tool bags in a row sitting on that, with stuff in the wells under the platform.

I bought some small o.d. braided cable with plastic cover and the eyelets you wrap the cable around, then clamp it to itself.

I made two cables, about 8 feet long. I ran them under the seat mounts, then through the handles of each bag.
    I have a padlock so I can lock each side. I use the same keyed padlock that I use on electrcial lockouts so I only have to carry one key for all my stuff.
    If they get into the truck, they'll have to get past the padlocks and untangle the cables just to get the bags out. I put the end of the zipper facing the seat, so it's a biyotch to open them up in the truck.
    I thought this might be a hassle day to day, but it only adds a second to unlock the cable. I put the bag I use most on each side of the truck. Works easy.
    I'm gonna try and take a pic later today.
    I had my garage broken into last year. My fault for not reinforcing the dead bolt jam (they kicked it in) I would not have lost much, but I did not lock my Matco tool chest (long one that I use as a work bench)
    Now I make sure my boxes in the garage are locked up and I also used the cable/eyelet deal around my tanks/chop saw, etc.

What PO's me most is hearing some trades guy bragging how he just bought some tool for $50, when he knows it was stolen from some other trades person.

I'm working on a garage alarm now. When I go through my walk-in door, I have to turn around and turn the lights on at the breaker panel, which is kinda hidden behind the door in a corner. I'm gonna put a light swtich right inside the door, where intuition would tell you it'd be, then hook it to a siren and some flashing lights outside. Someone gets in, fumbles for a light switch and turns the alarm on themselves.

You need to spray them with something stronger than ink. We have this algecide stuff that will take you skin off pretty good. It would turn a black guy white and white guy very, very pale, after his skin healed, that is what was left of it. No really, that would be just a bit to criminal to do I'm sure. Actually, you could put some of that doe in heat scent, or skunk scent that hunters use in your sprayer. Then the bad guy would stink like hell for at least a week.

Go to your local farm supply store, they sell a temporary electric fence charger that operates off of a 6-volt lantern battery, it is designed for use in a temporary corral or the like. The unit is not much bigger than the battery. remave the cover and tape the release relay closed and reassemble, glue a speaker magnet to the side and add a togle switch to turn it off with, also use a piece of 10 kv cable and a spring clip on the output. Pop this puppy under the bumper, clip the lead to the frame, turn her on, ain't nobody goin' to touch that truck too long. I've got one rigged up that I turn on in high crime parts of town, haven't had a truck broken into in over 5 years now. Just the occasional screaming from the 10 kv shock from the truck. I wired it into an alarm at first but the high voltage would fry the alarm circuits when it activated, now I'm just careful where I park, and my customers know not to go near my truck.

BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzT Yeoooooooooow!

Originally posted by esdd
    Go to your local farm supply store, they sell a temporary electric fence charger that operates off of a 6-volt lantern battery, it is designed for use in a temporary corral or the like. The unit is not much bigger than the battery. remave the cover and tape the release relay closed and reassemble, glue a speaker magnet to the side and add a togle switch to turn it off with, also use a piece of 10 kv cable and a spring clip on the output. Pop this puppy under the bumper, clip the lead to the frame, turn her on, ain't nobody goin' to touch that truck too long. I've got one rigged up that I turn on in high crime parts of town, haven't had a truck broken into in over 5 years now. Just the occasional screaming from the 10 kv shock from the truck. I wired it into an alarm at first but the high voltage would fry the alarm circuits when it activated, now I'm just careful where I park, and my customers know not to go near my truck.

BzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzT Yeoooooooooow!

Sounds like you have done that before.

Talking

It started out as revenge for a practical joke, silver Honeywell heat transfer paste behind the door handles, steering wheel, mirror, toolbox handle, and anywhere else it could be hidden. I just kept the device as a theft deterrent, it has worked well since. Only forgot to tell one or two apprentices.

Originally posted by esdd
    It started out as revenge for a practical joke, silver Honeywell heat transfer paste behind the door handles, steering wheel, mirror, toolbox handle, and anywhere else it could be hidden. I just kept the device as a theft deterrent, it has worked well since. Only forgot to tell one or two apprentices.

I bet your apprentices don't last long,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12