Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I heard some guys talking about Opec raising the price of a barrel of oil clear up sometime very soon (I think he said around $80 a barrel). Doubt it'll get that high yet, but someday it will.

Sure am glad I have a diesel though, now I get to spend even more for fuel than premium in my area. Cheap gas is around $2.00, prem is $2.15 and diesel is $2.19. Grrrr... isn't the price of diesel supposed to fall when the heating season is nearing an end?!

Diesel vs Fuel Oil

Can anyone explain this to me - have wondered for some time - I can purchse Diesel at the pump cheaper than I can get it delivered. At the pump in Ohio there is a $.40 per gallon road tax included in the price - so how the hell is a delivery more expensive. I have called them all and asked the same question with no explanation. Are they raping us or what?? Feels like it and I didnt even get a kiss. So I told them to go pound salt and hae trucked it the entire year - actually this is the second winter I have done this.

Originally posted by Boiling Point
    Diesel vs Fuel Oil

Can anyone explain this to me - have wondered for some time - I can purchse Diesel at the pump cheaper than I can get it delivered. At the pump in Ohio there is a $.40 per gallon road tax included in the price - so how the hell is a delivery more expensive. I have called them all and asked the same question with no explanation. Are they raping us or what?? Feels like it and I didnt even get a kiss. So I told them to go pound salt and hae trucked it the entire year - actually this is the second winter I have done this.

Slow down there BP you know what the doctor told you about goning to your Boiling Point.

Heck it isn't that bad, no reason to make a fuss out of gas prices, for you older guys remember the oil embargo in the early 70's, where you in some states you could only buy 10 gals at a time or in others it was an odd or even system depending on your license plate whether or not you got gas, Locking gas caps were selling like Hot cakes.

Yes you can lay blame on the goverment for the price but you can't lay blame on them for the consuption of gas, take a look around the next time your out on the highway, how full are those HOV lanes or how many SUV'S and Pick ups you see on the road packed with passengers,Let alone the amount of cars, Take a look around at your schools and see how many more kids are driving themselves vice using the bus that their parents taxes pay for. The real culprits are ourselves not just the goverment! Look how the price of fuel dropped after 9/11 when ppl were not flying Do you really need 15 half empty flights to BO Duck Iowa ? so in reality Yes maybe the goverment isn't doing as much as it possibly can but then too are we as consumers willing to give up our luxuries as well ?

Ok go ahead dump on me I got it coming, what can I say they still pay me !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

willing to give up our luxuries as well

Yes I am not a hippie,greenpeace,EPA Tree hugger but this sh!t has to stop I think it time to take over a county for its oil.

[Edited by framehvac on 03-04-2005 at 05:06 PM]

funny how they are always saying its not about the oil when it comes to the USA protecting other countries. Well it sure isnt about the dam Saudies being greatful to us either. Their just a bunch of Dam thugs trying to do everthing to wreck our country. Tell the other countries to go ahead an attack them and take everything away from them, thats what they deserve. I just dont know why we end up paying out everything we have and reconstructing every other country when they are all scum and would never do anything for us. United Nations .........throw them out , their as bad as the french. Start putting up walls at all the boarders and tell them all to go to hell. SORRY IM JUST A LITTLE SICK OF THE WHOLE THING RIGHT NOW. Think they need to take all the polititions and Laywers and burry them all in a big whole and write it off to an experiment that went bad and never should have happened.

The best gas site to go to.http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Originally posted by Boiling Point
    Diesel vs Fuel Oil

How much do you pay for #2 fuel to have it delivered?

Guess I'll be dusting off my good old siphon hose.

Originally posted by framehvac
    I went to the dentist today a little filling $304. I just got that filling about three months ago & it fell out no warranty at all I think we all in the hvac field should get more money.Sorry just had to vent on that.
    You know, they now sell DIY filling repair kits in the grocery stores!. Just a thought

Another reason gas prices are being jacked up is due to China's increased production of crap that is being sold in Wally-World.

I also heard rumor of the $80 a barrel. That would be devastating to our economy.

I have solutions.

1-Start buying American made products.

2-Allow drilling in Alaska and other places that the ultra-liberals have deemed off-limits.

3-And about the middle eastern countries...It IS about the oil. They have control of at least 70 % of our oil needs.

Diplomatic solution-Try to make them quasi-democratic and a friendly trade partner.

Failsafe solution-Force control of their oil. If it hadn't been for us in the first place, their damn oil would still be under the desert.

As a side note, have you ever noticed how many gas stations are owned by Arabs?

i don't like the idea of the gas prices going up in the summer just because it's the driving season. buy stock in the gas companies, it least you'll get a little "reach-around". you'll need the dividends to pay for the gas.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12