Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital cameras

im in the mkt.for a digital camera,which one do you guys like and why,ive been putting it off not sure whats is good or practical.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

I only buy Sony

digital cameras

ok fat eddy,what model?
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

I agree with Fat Eddy about Sony. I have the Sony Cyber Shot DSC-W1. Its a point and shoot model and reaaly simple to use. The pictures that I've taken have turned out beautifully. I checked the Sony site and couldn't find my exact model, but the model DSC-W5 is similar and it has 32MB memory built in. Good luck
    Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!

I guess you can go round and round with brand names. Like Carrier, Trane or Lennox. My camera is a Nikon.

But when shoping for a digital camera the key word is megapixels. (This is like SEER in our business). The more megapixels you get in a camera the better the picture quality. So the trick is to get the most megapixels (mp) for the buck. Anything above a 3 mp is pretty good.

In my opinion it is better to get a camera with more mp and less features. I have a "manual" feature on mine that I never use. I tried it a couple of times and my picture got all screwed up. Now I just leave it on automatic all of the time. The money that when into the manual feature I wish when into more megapixels.

I like Olympus

I'm on my second one, I bought it for the better lens (10X) than my first one.

They have nice stuff.

Noel

Minolta

Minolta is the best... IMHO... I waited until they came out with the digital model that is interchangeable with my 35mm SLR lenses. This makes the sixth Minolta camera body for me.

Re: I like Olympus

I have an Olympus d-390 and am happy with it. It doesn't have a lot of features and it was the lowest priced at the time. It's only 2mp, but it's extremely easy to use and its durable. The pictures look fine when printed on 4x6 and they look even better on the computer even though it's only 2mp. It's not the best but it's perfect for me.

I don't remember the model # off hand I'll post it when I get home,its actually the dvd burning one uses the smaller dvd's

ITS A DCR DVD 100

[Edited by fat eddy on 03-03-2005 at 05:32 PM]

Pikes, Nikon and Canon were the first to be able to change lenses on digital cameras. If you truly want the BEST, look at what the pros are using. I promise, you won't see a single Minolta at an NFL game, or anywhere else. But it's personal preference. I prefer Canon. Faster autofocus, faster fps, and better image quality.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

I don't really get into a lot of specifics when I buy something like that, I just choose between models of one brand,All the electronics and computers I have are Sony and I have yet to make a trip or wrap em up and send them back for a repair, Sony gets my money.

Originally posted by fat eddy
    I don't really get into a lot of specifics when I buy something like that, I just choose between models of one brand,All the electronics and computers I have are Sony and I have yet to make a trip or wrap em up and send them back for a repair, Sony gets my money.

I will second that sony is the best.

I have a Sony DSC-P51, about 2 years old now, only 2 MP but it takes decent pictures, Ive taken very good care of it, lately when I turn it on the screen is black and I have to give it a good smack to get a display, Ill probably have to buy a new one soon and because of this I will probably look at other brands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast