Varitrane heat problem

Hi
    Single duct electric heat VAV. The heat cycles on and off. The setup is identical to others that do not show the problem. Board # is x13690252-07 comm4, Voltage, flow, safteties etc all ok. Any clues?
    I verified it is setup for 3 stage electric and not pwm.

Can the discharge air sensor be moved? Just a dumb thought. I had an issue once with a sensor. Moved it a bit and all was well. It was almost like the hot air was not mixing right away with the cool air. Like it was flowing in a band for a bit.

There are no discharge air sensors. On any of them.

Huh, really? I gotta find a manuel. Maybe mine was an add on..... Are you suppose to have one? Maybe your missing a fixed resistor? Huh, our Canadian mods are most likely made different.

Are you sure it's not cycling on the high limit?

yes I am sure

Yes I am sure it is not cycling on high limit. The power/signal stops at the board itself. There are no fixed resistors either. I thought of that. Worked before. Dont now. I go back when I have a clue. Or a new board to try. Hate doing that really.

is the min heat cfm being meet ?

Is the vav in heat or cool mode ? is it on a Bas like summit. In summit there is a min. heat cfm set point that has to be set high enough to keep the limit from tripping.

If the safeties are all made and the unit is making it's min heating cfm then it is more than likely the board. If you don't want to be a "parts changer" try swapping it with a board that you know works. My guess is the board. Good luck.

Where are you measuring voltage when you say the signal/power stops at the board? There should always be 24v present at the contactor(s) if the safties are made.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Thanks

Hi guys
    Sorry for the delayed response. The minimum cfm idea is not it since I tried using a higher minimum and it did not work. It is on a summit BCU. I dont recall the terminal numbers but there is one slightly offset to the right that I will call common to the heat contactor. And then three more terminals for the three stages. When between the common and stage 1 or two becomes live the contactor/s pulls in. When I read 0 vac the contactor drops out. That is what I meant earlier by at the board. So I guess I am at the change the board stage.

whoops

Quote Originally Posted by Trane Guy LI View Post
    Is the vav in heat or cool mode ? is it on a Bas like summit. In summit there is a min. heat cfm set point that has to be set high enough to keep the limit from tripping.
    Heat mode, Room temp 67, Summit BCU.