Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question

im sure many of you have had a problem like this!
    builing being remodeled,demo crew hacks and cuts everthing they can, EVEN though parts are tagged do not remove! so im looking for monitor and bypass stats for gen 2 carrier vvt.
    carrier says no longer available hoping someone knows of another source for these or some other options. thanks .

Your question has been asked on here many times. There is no hope. Time to upgrade.

Gen II parts are still avail., however you will pay dearly for them.

Associated question: I just walked into a custom built home with Carrier controls on two of the air handlers for zoning. They have the by-pass control which indicated by-pass indication, duct temps and two other temperatures or positons of something. And the supply plenum have static pressure sensors.

And they have master T'stats with other stats in the home. I can't find a darn thing anywhere on this system as to model, serial, etc.

How do I find out info on this system? Think this is one of the Parker-Carrier systems? Any hints as to where to look and find operating info would be appreciated.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Originally posted by DeltaT
    Associated question: I just walked into a custom built home with Carrier controls on two of the air handlers for zoning. They have the by-pass control which indicated by-pass indication, duct temps and two other temperatures or positons of something. And the supply plenum have static pressure sensors.

And they have master T'stats with other stats in the home. I can't find a darn thing anywhere on this system as to model, serial, etc.

How do I find out info on this system? Think this is one of the Parker-Carrier systems? Any hints as to where to look and find operating info would be appreciated.
    Sounds like a Carrier VVT system. You should be able to get all the info from your local carrier dealer. If they haven't set you up with Epic get them to so you can look up stuff yourself. There are different generations with variations. Write down every damn number you see to be sure to get the right information.

Talking

seaboard
    Thanks. I'm almost at the point of pulling tools out of my van to make room for all the books!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

the first word in the post "parker" indicates that it is time for an upgrade doen't it? Most of the people selling the stuff can't tell you what version will work with other versions. And most any actuators will fit on the vav or vvt dampers makes for a nice change out.

Yes it does sound like vvt or maybe newer CCS. Usually the MN's are inside on the electronics. Are there any rotary switches? If so its old. Maybe a pic would help
    Learning is a lifelong process

geno54
    No rotary switched. Just white plastic 4X6" approx controls for the by-pass with 4 buttons for indicators/temperatures. A master state w systems switches and a few sub stats with set point. A static pressure switch with a probe in the supply pleunum.

They seem to work. I just would like to know what I am working on!

Thanks. I'm off to Carrier to see if they will help. Around here they are starting to charge for info...and I don't blame them.

geno54
    No rotary switched. Just white plastic 4X6" approx controls for the by-pass with 4 buttons for indicators/temperatures. A master state w systems switches and a few sub stats with set point. A static pressure switch with a probe in the supply pleunum.

Thanks. I'm off to Carrier to see if they will help. Around here they are starting to charge for info...and I don't blame them.

Your description of the equipment tells me that You are working on a second generation carrier vvt system, the parker actuators are easy to identify by their metal 4x4 boxes on the ductwork, the newer ones are plastic and @ 3x6.
    The monitot t-stat ( master stat) controls the unit and the other ones ( slaves ) are most likely controlling vvt boxes in the house.....good luck finding help with carrier on vvt equipment.

DeltaT

Try going here to literature and doing a search on VVT. It lists some Lit for VVT and 33cs controls.

http://www.commercial.carrier.com/co...vac/homepage/1,2044,CLI1_DIV12_ETI372,00.html?SMIDENTITY=NO
    Learning is a lifelong process

Originally posted by groundhog
    geno54

Your description of the equipment tells me that You are working on a second generation carrier vvt system, the parker actuators are easy to identify by their metal 4x4 boxes on the ductwork, the newer ones are plastic and @ 3x6.
    The monitot t-stat ( master stat) controls the unit and the other ones ( slaves ) are most likely controlling vvt boxes in the house.....good luck finding help with carrier on vvt equipment.
    Rotary switch = GEN II. He stated that he didn't have a rotary switch. GEN III. Listed as 33CS models on Carrier's website. Every piece of literature that you need is on commercial.carrier.com

Originally posted by jrbenny
    Every piece of literature that you need is on commercial.carrier.com
    Yep, Carrier is one of the better Mfgs. when it comes to literature, they've never let me down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast