2nd stage thermostat setting

2nd stage thermostat setting

Hi All,

We have a GMH950703BX model goodman 2 stage propane furnace. I have replaced the thermostat but I am unsure if the 2nd stage is working. How do I confirm this and set the thermostat for the proper 2nd stage settings? The thermostat is a trane.

Here is the manual..

http://link.schlage.com/Products/Doc...r_manual-c.pdf

I have it enabled, just not sure if I need to modify any other settings and how to confirm it's working.

That furnace times to high from 1 to 16 minutes after starting based on previous cycles. It's the only furnace on the market that won't let you hook up a 2 stage stat to stage based on house needs. You can only use a 1 stage stat or 2 stage stat wired with only 1 stage hooked up.

It is a neat lookin' stat though.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    That furnace times to high from 1 to 16 minutes after starting based on previous cycles. It's the only furnace on the market that won't let you hook up a 2 stage stat to stage based on house needs. You can only use a 1 stage stat or 2 stage stat wired with only 1 stage hooked up.

It is a neat lookin' stat though.
    unfortunetly, true :-\
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted