Drywall causes brain damage
    I have come to the conclusion, that exposure to drywall and compound dust has a strange affect upon the brain, it destroys the ability to make basic decisions, the ability to return to the same work location two days in a row is greatly deminished.
    Still learning opinions welcome.

With the kind of drywallers I've met, I'd have to agree

yea ...

Drywall causes a person to drink during working hours, 'an smoke pot too ....

i don't know how they do it .....

ever seen a straight painter / drywaller ????

Re: yea ...

Originally posted by slimwoodie
    Drywall causes a person to drink during working hours, 'an smoke pot too ....

i don't know how they do it .....

ever seen a straight painter / drywaller ????
    You should be more careful picking your dates.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

How do you think they can run you over on those stilts while your trying to cut a boot hole?

Originally posted by jeffkillen
    How do you think they can run you over on those stilts while your trying to cut a boot hole?
    You mean they start sheetrocking before you're done with the rough-in?
    Get back to work.

Originally posted by square2round
    Originally posted by jeffkillen
    You mean they start sheetrocking before you're done with the rough-in?

In some cases.

Happened many many times with me. They get ticked when you have to rip some rock down so you can finish your duct work too.

I'm surprised the builder starts putting up sheetrock before the mechanical is done. Rough-in inspection, HVAC...electrical...and plumbing, has to be passed before the first piece of insulation is put in. I guess there are different codes in other regions. I'd hate working around sheetrockers.
    Get back to work.

Originally posted by square2round
    I'm surprised the builder starts putting up sheetrock before the mechanical is done. Rough-in inspection, HVAC...electrical...and plumbing, has to be passed before the first piece of insulation is put in. I guess there are different codes in other regions. I'd hate working around sheetrockers.

Its just because they need the work at that time its like when the boss tries to start Rough in a home before the roof is on.

[i]Its just because they need the work at that time its like when the boss tries to start Rough in a home before the roof is on. [/B]
    I like it when we start r/i without ths shingles, as long as it's no raining to hard. Leave the flashings,collar,and cap in the garage and let Juan Valdez put it on.

Andno that's not a cultural slam, one of the best roofers in our area is a Mexican immigrant that is realy name Juan Valdez!