+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't try this without your seatbelt

Post Likes

Post Likes

Bet that guy

don't have to go to court!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Justice, and it didn't cost taxpayers a dime

Post Likes
    deleted by Boss
    - language

[Edited by ct_hvac_tech on 03-02-2005 at 10:01 PM]

Post Likes
    Reposting without cuss words (LOL)

This is rhe reason that the cops need to back off when people start going out of control like that. There is a helecopter in the air for crying out loud, if the helecopter follows the escaping vehicle, the guy is not going to hide for long. Once he gets out on foot, Whala! Arrest him.

Sure beate putting other people's lives in danger!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

True! With all of the technology out, there should not be high speed chases.

Post Likes
    Double ouch......
    ever see the one where the guys steal a pick up or something, police camera has angle from the rear, it approaches and runs a red light at an intersection and gets hit broadside by a tractor trailer going about 65mph?
    That one is real nasty too, maybe someone here has a link.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

True! With all of the technology out, there should not be high speed chases.
    Yeah, but then the cops wouldn't have any fun...
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

Paul Harvey says......

in the near future the cops will have an electric impulse gun thay will fry your circuits and stop your car with the push of a button.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: Paul Harvey says......

Originally posted by spotts
    in the near future the cops will have an electric impulse gun thay will fry your circuits and stop your car with the push of a button.
    Theyve actually tested a small remote control car type thing that will get under your car and zap the car, frying electricals.
    part of non lethal weapons

Post Likes
    The cops seem to have been a ways behind him, I counted 12sec when the vid stopped and they werent there yet.

Looks like his head stopped the truck from rolling onto him

justice served

Post Likes
    Didn't have much to lose.

Three killed in shooting, chase
    By Robert Patrick and Heather Ratcliffe
    Of the Post-Dispatch
    02/25/2005

A man fatally shot his estranged wife and her friend in Town and Country on Friday, authorities said, then led police on a high-speed chase before he was killed in a spectacular crash at Highway 40 and Lindbergh Boulevard.

Authorities identified the couple as John Clark Alexander, 38, and Kelli L. Alexander, 35, both of Frontenac, and the friend as April Wheeler, 29, of St. Charles.

The Alexanders, who have three children, were getting a divorce, and she had an order of protection against him issued last month, police said. Kelli Alexander and her children were staying with April Wheeler and her husband, Mark Wheeler, in St. Charles.

The tragedy played out about 5 p.m. in the 2600 block of Bopp Road, in front of a row of tidy ranch houses and tree-lined sidewalks, a few blocks from the Alexanders' home. Mark Wheeler said his wife, Kelli Alexander and the children were supposed to go to a fish fry at St. Clements Catholic Church in Des Peres on Friday evening with John Alexander. April Wheeler went along to supervise the visit because of Kelli Alexander's restraining order.

Police said John Alexander waited in his white GMC Denali, a customized SUV, on Bopp Lane until he saw his wife coming north on Bopp Road. He pulled in front of her. .

Kelli Alexander got out, and John Alexander chased her down and shot her, police said. He then returned and shot April Wheeler.

The Denali sped away, leaving tire ruts in a neighbor's yard. Police said the couple's children were unharmed. Police said it was unclear how much of the shooting they saw. They were being cared for by neighbors immediately after the incident.

After the shooting, police spotted John Alexander's vehicle near Bopp Road and Manchester Road. They followed him to Interstate 270, which Alexander took north to Page Avenue, where he turned around and headed south on 270. A KTVI (Channel 2) television news helicopter followed Alexander's vehicle, clocking it at speeds of about 100 mph. Alexander took Highway 40 east, clipping a guardrail on the right side of the road west of Lindbergh Boulevard, crushing a section of it.

The SUV went across the grass, lost a tire and went airborne, vaulting two lanes of southbound Lindbergh, a concrete barrier and landing in a northbound lane. It narrowly missed at least one car passing beneath.

The impact left a streak of white car paint across one lane of Lindbergh, and the SUV stayed upright for 10 to 15 yards, then rolled dozens of yards before stopping on its roof in the grassy center of the cloverleaf on the east side of Lindbergh. Alexander was thrown from the car.

A story in the Post-Dispatch a decade ago detailed an altercation the couple had with a police officer in Warson Woods who stopped them because their license plate was not properly lighted.

Warson Woods dropped the charge, but John Alexander was upset about a $3 fee that the city charges to postpone municipal court cases. Alexander had requested two postponements on the ticket, for a total of $6. He ultimately paid it in nickels, dimes and quarters and vowed to sue the city.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in