Thread: Model #

Post Likes

Question

Very simple question, but I am stumped. Where do I find the model number for my Lennox furnace? I have found a model number on the ignitor, but I don't think that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Likes
    Depends on the furnace. If gas it's inside the burner compartment behind the top louvered door.
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    No manufacturer places their model # on a removable door, I don't know exactly where it is but look somewhere that is not removable.

Post Likes
    on the inside cabnet on the left or right hand side.

Post Likes
    Fatty you're wrong, a lot of manufacturers have their specs where HVACPRO specified, meaning remove louvered door and look on right side more than likely

Post Likes
    Don't think so,

and don't think thats what he said,

Did you say it was on the removable door?

Now git er done, U know better than that.

Post Likes
    Did he say it was on the removable door?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by fat eddy
    No manufacturer places their model # on a removable door, I don't know exactly where it is but look somewhere that is not removable.

Git,

Thats my post, the guy was looking for the model # I was just telling him to not to waste time looking on a removable door because they don't put em there.I didn't say that anyone was looking on a removable door.

Post Likes
    I've read it over and over and I see how you perceived it. It would be correct if it's behind it with panel on but incorrect if it was behind it when remove.... I forgive, do you?

Post Likes
    No problem, I do have a problem expressing myself in words it always comes across the wrong way,

Post Likes
    No problem, I do have a problem expressing myself in words it always comes across the wrong way,

Yes it does.

Post Likes
    Same here

Post Likes
    git-r-dun, you interpreted my reply right. Now don't let eddy brow beat you! I never said the nomenclature was on the door. I didn't think I needed to give the HO step by step directions but let me try again just to clarify things a little. . Approach the machine. Remove the top louvered panel (assuming the equipment is in the vertical position.) Place this panel aside. Being very careful and with a strong light source peer into the area where you see controls, wires, pipes, switches, valves, etc. Focusing your attention to the left & right inside vertical panels (the ones that run perpundicular to the part you are looking at) you should see a white label approximately 6 inches high by about 4 inches wide. On this label you will find model and serial number. Please do not waste your time looking at the panel that you set aside. It won't be there. Better?
    There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action....Mark Twain

Post Likes
    Sure Rheem places thir rating plate on all their air ahndlers and most outdoor units. Thats not to say that the model and serial arent repeated on the inside but the UL plate is on the door.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in