Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Business Names

## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Quote Originally Posted by Reak View Post
    I have been out of business for awhile, but if I had to do it again, the company name would have location and the service provided in it.

I live in Minnesota so it would be like: Minnesota Temperature Control. This would create a problem for me now, because I live right on the Minnesota/North Dakota border. The largest city, which is 1 mile away is Grand Forks, ND so, in this case, I wouldn't use the name above because I would like to service both Minnesota and North Dakota and that could possibly take away from that. I definitely would have Temperature Control or Air Control or something of that nature in the name.

Thanks
    REAK
    Hey!! Thats my name!! I was laying around with my ex-girlfriend one night and she thought of that name, so a star was born. I see her from time to time, and have to give her credit for it!!

Quote Originally Posted by jittu12 View Post
    hello,
    This is helping site for education, and you get easy find your queries answer.
    thanks.
    Struts2 Jquery

Really??
    Wow, thanks.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

If you are ever going to build a website, choose a name that matches what people will search on Google to find you. You can trust me on this, I have every Google search marketing credential under the sun.

ex: air conditioning + (your city name)

Make sure that the domain is also available and buy it up quick. ex: www.airconditioning chicago.com

Leading off with 'air conditioning' will also get you near the top of alphabetic directories.

Is it as memorable as others, no. But if you are a one man crew, repeat customers will likely remember you by your first/last name, not your company name.

Good luck with it.

I was Universal Service for 30+ years. The first 16 Had an unlisted phone # in a large urban area, and stayed plenty busy. My customers were return customers and word of mouth. When I moved to an area with a smaller population, and customer base, I just kept the same name and registered it here. After being here for 16 years, most people call me the "Universal Guy," Never have any problems with the phone not ringing.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Twilly's Fix It Shop.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

blue balls cooling
    gas n go

On a more serious note. Most companies around here use their last name or initials TC Mechanical, Smith Plumbing. Or the Region, Midwest Mechanical.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    Currently a one-man band. Looking to form a new entity. Majoring in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning, heating if I have to, and little residential. Looking for a clever name. Ideas?
    yea I have one for you --GOOD LUCK--

Rip and Tear Heat n Air
    Total Energy Management, inc

CoolComm

Quote Originally Posted by hvacmd2002 View Post
    Currently a one-man band. Looking to form a new entity. Majoring in commercial refrigeration and air conditioning, heating if I have to, and little residential. Looking for a clever name. Ideas?
    Blue Frost Refrigeration

Worked great for us....twice...once in Chicagoland, and once in Texas.

Paint your trucks blue, with white roofs, airbrushed into the blue.

We now use "Markl and Sons Cooling and Heating", as we bridge three generations.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Anyone go with .com name? www.ArizonaAirConditioning.com
    PHOENIX, ARIZONA! BUT 118F IS A DRY HEAT!

My grandfather named is Heating/Cooling Services Inc. 35 years ago. People always ask the name of the company, I say Heating/Cooling Services and they say no whats the name of the company, lol. It gets kind of aggravating.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast