Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    if suction valve is broken, what could be the most possible cause:

A - low pressure control not working
    B - suction pressure too low
    C - suction pressure too high
    D - high discharge pressure

I would say low pressure control, if it was letting in liquid refer. I would think that if the discharge was that high the overload would trip, before damage would occur.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

I'll go with B. If the suction is too low the oil is not being brought back to the compressor until it all comes back as one giant slug.

I'm going to say B low suction. This is a terrible question and could be right with any of the answers. But liquid slugging is my thought and it is usually associated with low pressure, so there hows that.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

I say all the above.

A. Maybe, depends on the type of control system

B. Maybe, low on charge or low superheat

C. Maybe, due to overheating

D. Maybe, due to overheating

Just another of the questions I dislike as there are to many variables to have a clear answer. So its which is more likely and that depends on a persons experience, I may have never seen a pump-down system where the LP control was set to high and doesn't remove all the refrigerant from the evap or a long liquid line that needs a continous pump-down.

By adding that upon inspection the valve plates were discolored would remove the overheating possibilities (generally), get my drift????

Originally posted by onetime

get my drift????
    Onetime; hey thats my saying, how long have you been using it. We're going to have to talk, if you get my drift.
    "Nothing else can poison our culture, corrupt our society or ruin the character of our people like unearned money or unearned opportunity." -- James R. Cook

"Fooling around with alternating current is just a waste of time. Nobody will use it, ever." Thomas Edison, 1889.

You know what, where are you getting these test questions ?because , you rarely even have the right answers as options.

E:flooding back

Originally posted by fat eddy
    You know what, where are you getting these test questions ?because , you rarely even have the right answers as options.
    I don't know where he is getting his questions, but the boss showed me a technician testing program that he wanted to implement a while back that was similiar. The questions were so vague and open ended you could make any of the answers work. I forget the name of it, but it was a waste or money.

Bobby

liquid slugging low pressure control not working

Originally posted by ct2
    liquid slugging low pressure control not working
    Yes and maybe no you can still have liquid slugging and be above the setting for the LPS, say on a pump down system or with a bad TXV (flooding). This is just a bad question.

"You know what, where are you getting these test questions ?because , you rarely even have the right answers as options. -Fat Eddy

LOL! Hell man you took the words right outta my mouth...And I am a rookie.

Originally posted by felixking
    if suction valve is broken, what could be the most possible cause:
    I don't really see how ANYTHING "could be the most possible cause".

Poorly written question, IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast