Any thoughts on removing a duct from a bathroom on the second floor and replacing it with a in-wall heater? I want to finish my basement and the furnace is on the opposite end with a duct running the length of the basement then going up. I would like to remove the duct running across my basement and install a in-the-wall heater. Is it important to have the forced air into the bathroom to help get rid of the excess humidity?

I don't see why it would. How about installing those three in one ceiling mount exhaust fan, heater, and light? As far as humidity goes, that's leaving through your fan.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

There should not be a problem Installing a wall heater and removing the heat vent in regards to humidity. Do you already have a vent to the outside in this bathroom ? If not you need to Install one to remove the humidity, when taking showers or baths. Are you planning on using this vent for heat in your basement or blanking it off ?
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Hey retired isn't it required by code for all bathrooms to have an exhaust? I'm not being sarcastic, but it is out here.
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Yes it is I guess I should have specified exhaust vent or exhaust Fan to the outside, Mechanical Exhaust Capacity of of 50 cfm intermitent or 20 cfm continuous IAW IRC M1506.3, of course that is the minimum ! Thanks for the reminder git-r-dun

P.S. where you at In Co, I have a sister that lives down in Alomosa, nice place if you like the vally !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

Colorado Springs. Been to Alamosa several times

Nice area if not for the traffic !

[Edited by retired btc on 03-02-2005 at 12:46 AM]

By removing the bathroom duct, won't have duct running all the way across my basement taking up valuable headroom.
    There is a outside exhaust vent to remove excess humidity.