Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And voting on issues I mean demos as well as repubs....
    We are so divided these days, it ain't healthy.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Thumbs up

Originally posted by benncool
    This whole thing will probably get moved over to APR anyway so let me say this...

If the government wants to really do something to help us old farts then they should do way with capital gains.
    What he said!!

Fred

Originally posted by irishmist
    AARP. What a joke! Having just become "qualified" for the blessings of an AARP membership, how do I hold myself back??!! Here's a good one for you. They do the worst possible job of servicing their customers in a PROACTIVE fashion of any group I have ever dealt with. Here is a group that professes to be the advocate for the senior adults in our society, and do a worse job of customer service to that group that has acquired 'membrship' than the general public. Any one else have less than satisfactory experiences? This was pertaining to auto insurance! You won't believe the coverage they had on my elderly parents, ONE of whom hasn't driven for over 2 years, and coverage on an automobile that hasn't run for over 4 years! when I realized what was going on, it occurred to me that many in the same situation don't have any family that can look out for them. It was obvious that AARP wasn't going to!!
    First things first, AARP is not a insurance company now whats the real story?

the real story is that AARP has formed alliances with insurance companies along with other service and product providers. Even though AARP doesn't 'write' the insurance, they are the conduit through which a customer is hooked up with the insurance provider. It just so happens the insurance company is the Hartford, but the insurance was acquired through AARP. One can safely assume that AARP doesn't have a relationship with Hartford that is not beneficial ($$$) to both AARP AND to Hartford.

Like I said, all those organizations form alliances and offer "great deals" on such things as insurance. If you check them out they ain't very great at all, you can find better ones on your own.
    Too bad about your dad though, that does suck.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by irishmist
    the real story is that AARP has formed alliances with insurance companies along with other service and product providers. Even though AARP doesn't 'write' the insurance, they are the conduit through which a customer is hooked up with the insurance provider. It just so happens the insurance company is the Hartford, but the insurance was acquired through AARP. One can safely assume that AARP doesn't have a relationship with Hartford that is not beneficial ($$$) to both AARP AND to Hartford.
    It is understandable that anyone would be upset,paying for auto insurance when it was unneeded. However, in my personal
    experience with insurance companies, never have they checked in with me. Perhaps you live in a smaller community where
    you might expect that level of service.
    I saw the homeowners insurance rep one time (the first) in 25 years when I bought the policy.
    Recently AARP has been critized by the right wing, Swift Boat crew,and others because they do not support the Bush administrations S.S. plan. The same people loved them
    (AARP) when they supported the Bush prescription bill. I
    mention this because I would like to think that you are not piling on. We can expect to hear more critical comments from
    the right wing camp regarding the plan to eliminate, not change Social Security.
    Regarding your family situation I think your complaint
    should be with Hartford.

Charter Member of AARP

perhaps our very own RoBO ...

where is he anyways ..??

really in the Sand ...
    or .. was that just a cover for the real mission ...

undercover operative for the .... .............AARP !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12