Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ggg117 View Post
    Well I received two more electrical bills, the bill for February was $177 and the last bill for March was $142. On average we use about 50 Kwh on a cold winter day and much less nowadays. The installer came three times to our house and made adjustments to the set up. As far as I know the unit was not set up properly asking for auxiliary to early in the process.
    Bingo! Depending on the complexity of your system, sometimes it takes a couple trips to fine-tune everything.

Well I received two more electrical bills, the bill for February was $177 and the last bill for March was $142. On average we use about 50 Kwh on a cold winter day and much less nowadays. The installer came three times to our house and made adjustments to the set up. As far as I know the unit was not set up properly asking for auxiliary to early in the process.
    It sounds like you were running auxillary heat as second stage. My bills for my heat pump (air source) was about $275.00 (Jan), $200.00 (Feb) plus propane for cooking and dryer and oil for hot water. I see Geo cost os lower for all electric homes.
    Aire Serv of SW Connecticut- Gas heat, dual fuel and central a/c systems installed and serviced

Smile the details are sooo important!

Glad your installer was able to find some things that he could improve. I suspect it was the "upstaging" selections on the intellizone controller which was using electric heat after so many minutes of calling for heat rather than only when the geo was actually falling behind and needing help. Hope you enjoy your new home. Brian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12