Post Likes

Home made hamburger cutter

Well this is a sample I made first. The handle is 3/8" copper tubing bent with my tubing bender. Then it's rivited to metal duct strap. The problem is cleaning it. stuff gets in the rivit holes. So I'm going to make a new one. But this time braze the copper to the duct strap so all of my joints are solid. No cracks for hamburger meat to get into. Another question is it sanitary to use these metals with food? Lol I believe so. I have seen plenty of cooking ware made of copper. But maybe it's treated. I should be ok though because water pipe is in copper. What is your input to my hamburger cutter. We all know how sharp duct strap is. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  89.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  83.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  86.7 KB

Post Likes
    I took a piece of 1" cutting board and drilled a hole in it. Then traced the hole on another board and cut out a plug. Screwed a cabinet handle on it and made a press. A piece of plastic wrap on the counter then the board. Put meat in the hole and press with the plug.
    "If history repeats itself I am so getting a dinosaur"

Post Likes
    Stainless would be better than galvanized. To answer your question no it's not really food grade

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I know this takes the fun out of it but you can buy a burger press that you can make regular or stuffed burgers with for around $10, all plastic, no place for meat to lodge into, dishwasher safe.

I have one and love to fry bacon and crumble it, then saute onion in some of the bacon grease, mix the 2 together when done. Use the press to form a burger with a pocket, put the bacon/onion mixture and some Pepperjack cheese in it, then seal it with the press and grill it. I have tried doing the bacon and onion at the same time but didn't get as good of results. If you get a good seal the cheese doesn't run out.

Post Likes
    galvanizing is not food grade. you can also use a ring made from cut brass, copper or stainless pipe.
    Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Post Likes
    Thank you for the replies. I agree i should just buy one. I haven't looked on the market for one. I made this in about 20minutes. We were having a bar b q and my wife was getting bent out of shape because the burger patties weren't nice and round. WTF? we are going to eat them either way. well i know i ham. So i said ok. just as a small quick project/challenge just wanted to make some thing up real quick. I was not sure if i should keep using it though. Works great but like yall have said the galvanize is not food grade. ill probably just buy one for the next time.

Post Likes
    the plug press method is good because the burgers become the same thickness and diameter each time.

Post Likes
    Umm.... I'm getting hungry all of a sudden....