Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Your on to something spidy

when I was renovating the basment of an old home a few years ago in Vancouver Canada I found news papers from 1953. Of course I read the classifieds and found that you could buy a new home on the west side (wealthy) of Vancouver for 10,000 dollars now the significant thing is a teachers yearly salary was also 10,000 dollars

Now comparing apples to apples an average equlivent home 20 km further out of the city is about 400,000 but a teachers salary is around 50 to 60,000 thus you can see how much ground we have lost from 1 to 1 to almost 7 to 1 ratio and this is why our wives have to work and yet we are still struggling to get by. coupled with the corperate brainwashing to consume we are really bent over the barrel

this all goes back to World war two then the women took over the mens jobs in order to supply industry with "man" power, on top of that after the war ended they introduced income tax as a temporary measure to repay the cost of the war and now the govt cannot give up the revenue. If we had no income tax we would be so much better off. further more theres tax bracket creep where over the years as saleries go up so does the taxes and were you used to have a long way to go before hitting the next braxket you are already there. EG 23 years ago my wife had an entry level job that paid about 16,000 a year and the first tax bracket was at 30,000 now that same job pays about 29,000 per year. yet the tax is the same and she is allot closer to the point where the govt takes a bigger bite. the same applies to all of us

increased income tax by inflation and the govt sits back quietly raking it all in
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by The Penguin

when I was renovating the basment of an old home a few years ago in Vancouver Canada I found news papers from 1953. Of course I read the classifieds and found that you could buy a new home on the west side (wealthy) of Vancouver for 10,000 dollars now the significant thing is a teachers yearly salary was also 10,000 dollars

Now comparing apples to apples an average equlivent home 20 km further out of the city is about 400,000 but a teachers salary is around 50 to 60,000 thus you can see how much ground we have lost from 1 to 1 to almost 7 to 1 ratio and this is why our wives have to work and yet we are still struggling to get by. coupled with the corperate brainwashing to consume we are really bent over the barrel

this all goes back to World war two then the women took over the mens jobs in order to supply industry with "man" power, on top of that after the war ended they introduced income tax as a temporary measure to repay the cost of the war and now the govt cannot give up the revenue. If we had no income tax we would be so much better off. further more theres tax bracket creep where over the years as saleries go up so does the taxes and were you used to have a long way to go before hitting the next braxket you are already there. EG 23 years ago my wife had an entry level job that paid about 16,000 a year and the first tax bracket was at 30,000 now that same job pays about 29,000 per year. yet the tax is the same and she is allot closer to the point where the govt takes a bigger bite. the same applies to all of us

increased income tax by inflation and the govt sits back quietly raking it all in

So who is getting the money?

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Originally posted by gruntly
    Here in Ontario the minimum wage has not been raised in around ten years, while the utility costs in my home (water, gas, elec.) have gone up about 250% in the same time.
    The minimum wage is not suppose to support a family and make house payments, car notes, etc.

An adult is suppose to get trained in a "profession" to support them selves.
    Understood, and so I am. I realize how raising the minimum wage would increase the cost of my timmy's from a buck and a quarter to a buck, seventy-five (Starbucks five bucks to eight-fifty [I like latte]). The UA787 package for Ontario is really good, pushing half a C note. (keep in mind the Can.dollar..right in the Can if you ask me). SO my life ain't hell by any means. But I know many people who have it quite tough. We all know that since the post-war boom ended, the post-secondary education has boomed. Now there's a pricy thing. I sat my Gas 1 almost 20 years ago. Today I was looking over the cost to get one. My Gas 1 ticket alone is worth close to $10Gs. I don't even want to think about my ACR ticket. No wonder we can't attract anyone into the trades, no-one can afford it.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by framehvac
    Originally posted by The Penguin

Up here the politicians do. The government builds an airport terminal or a toll highway, costing the taxpayer $300 million or something, cries that it's losing money left, right and center and sell it of to a conglomerate of hidden retiring politicians for a hundred bucks or something stupid.

I feel that the economy is driven by invention,we have always seen upswings in the economy when a new invention has come to market the greater the invention was the more people wanted it and in turn it drove the economy.During low times in the economy I think we will find that these are the times when there just wasn't much creation of new ideas and products,

So to inspire invention I think we need to give companies that invest in researching and invention a huge tax break.It has been proven that giving the right sectors of business tax releif that they will produce.eg;(1920's)

Eddy, there might be hope for you yet. This is a good assessment.

So who is getting the money? [/B]
    How many of you walk by $40K +++ in vehicles in customers' garages only to hear the customer complain about what they're going to have to pay to repair their heating/cooling system?

Originally posted by elizabeth b

How many of you walk by $40K +++ in vehicles in customers' garages only to hear the customer complain about what they're going to have to pay to repair their heating/cooling system? [/B]
    And as told to me years ago "And they ain't gonna sell the Mercedes to pay yer bill either!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12