+ Reply to Thread

Thread: you guys carry a beater meter in the tool box?

Post Likes
    i have a cheapo fluke 322 in my tool box for quick troubleshooting 90% of the time my expensive fluke never gets used unless i need a temp or accurate ohm reading. i got this meter when i was in trade school its still going strong. good little meter. my new pos fieldpiece hs36 has been shelved i don't trust it's slow response and slow reading

Post Likes
    Originally posted by blue_r1
    my new pos fieldpiece hs36 has been shelved i don't trust it's slow response and slow reading
    Deja vu,I had the same thing happen to me.
    I bought mine to replace a fluke 16.
    Needless to say I will continue to invest in Fluke from now on.
    Don't you love the NCV function.
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by lmtd
    I have a fluke 16 that is my beater, i also have an sc76 that I consider near worthless.

If I feel nostolgic, I break out the Simpson 260 as it REALLY is a fine meter. Most of the time, I have the 189 in my hands and use it. Other than getting it dirty as can be (note to fluke rep, rugedized is great, sell me a safe solvent for cleaning and i will buy a case of it)I really do not keep it as "special" I have a meter case with cone foam I keep all the meters in and the primary reason I keep the others handy is it increases the chances ONE of them won't have dead batteries when I need it.
    funny you should mention the cleaning solvent, fluke now has these wet wipes just for their meters just saw it in the new grainger book http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...544413&ccitem=

i don't know a paper towel with grease off, simple green or a hand cleaning scrub work fine for me

Post Likes
    I always keep my meter beater with me.

Post Likes
    Like the first 2 post I carry one of those. Some one mentioned the NC feature. :rollseyes: That thing if it doesnt get to battered will be a give away at a service meeting or some kid. Maybe a garage sale even. I have a fluke 16 110 and 322 for beater meeters.

Post Likes
    does no one see the humor in meter beater?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in