Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ok, not maybe. But anyway, didn't there used to be a way to find a qualified tech in your area? I'm actually looking for my Uncle who lives in NoVa, I'm perfectly happy with my guy. What's a good resource for this?

I'd just call him

Jello pages.com.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I don't get it. Obviously you can pick anyone out of the yellow pages, but then you might end up in the Wall of Shame. The idea is to find someone reputable. To reduce risk.

Ask for references and ask you friends and family in your area see who they have used and if the would recommend anyone

Originally posted by lumberg
    I don't get it. Obviously you can pick anyone out of the yellow pages, but then you might end up in the Wall of Shame. The idea is to find someone reputable. To reduce risk.

I thought you said you are looking for your uncle and you don't need an HVAC-Guy.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by lumberg

I thought you said you are looking for your uncle and you don't need an HVAC-Guy.
    Yeah and I care about my Uncle and take the same care in helping him to select an HVAC technician as I would for myself.

hey there lumberger

what's with the web site

I believe you are looking for a tech in your uncles area, for your uncle? How about calling his local BBB or Chamber of Commerce? Many towns and cities now have there own web sites supported by local business'. There may be available yellow pages through that city's website, too.
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2¢.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Originally posted by pjs
    hey there lumberger

what's with the web site
    Which one is it? Is it the OWNED Eagles one? That's just a page I put up so people couldn't browse my directory structure. It's just for hosting pics.

Thanks for the recommendations. I guess I was dreaming when I thought I saw a feature on this forum like a year ago where you could find a member that does work in your area.

I don't think you were dreaming. There was one but it went away and I remember there being something about a newer directory coming soon, but that too disappeared. I don't know if Boss is planning on setting one up again.
    Silence is golden - Duct Tape is Silver!

Doesn't make us better just cause we hang out here......

Hell- Dice and I are total hacks who still charge by the Beer Can Cold method. Of course I've drank so many beers....... I can tell superheat through my hands. If my beer even begins to get superwarm- I either chug it or pour it out.
    Walter Matthau

Hey Lumberg, Where have you been? Have you been into any of your usual intresting endevours?

Originally posted by joe8758
    I don't think you were dreaming. There was one but it went away and I remember there being something about a newer directory coming soon, but that too disappeared. I don't know if Boss is planning on setting one up again.
    I bet he's re-vamping it to make money off of it, much like the job posting thing.

Originally posted by mattm
    Hey Lumberg, Where have you been? Have you been into any of your usual intresting endevours?
    Not much. I installed an Aprilaire power humi myself (works great, did not use the outdoor sensor). My next project is a simple u-tube manometer that measures pressure drop across my inadequate 1" pleated filter, so I know when to change it rather than just guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast