Goodman 10, 12 and 13 SEER
    Hi all,

I would appreciate your opinion on Goodman 10, 12 and 13 SEER A/C units. Mostly noise and reliability that I am concerned about.

Also, for 13 SEER, our local distributor carries CLT series only. Goodman's web site does not mention scroll compressor manufacture for the unit. (http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/selectSub.act?sub=Series2&requestedSite=Goodman)th ey For another 13 SEER unit CRT series they specify Copeland scroll compressor. Is it just an omision?

Could you share your expirience with Goodman's A/C, especialy lately. One installer told me that last summer he installed a lot Goodman units and did not have a single call back. That was between friends, not a sale pitch.

Thanks in advance for the help.

gm
    gm10

The CLT's are nice units IMO, much better than the equipment Goodman built just a few years ago, Nice cabinet, Copeland Scroll compressor, low rpm fam motor, noise blanket for the compressor and lifetime compressor warranty, reliability is more dependant on proper installation than brand, choose your contractor well.

I buy all units from Johnstones. So between my Goodman and Coleman installs I haven't had any problems
    ## + years in the field never made you a know-it-all This industry is far more diverse than you are

Originally posted by swampfox
    The CLT's are nice units IMO, much better than the equipment Goodman built just a few years ago, Nice cabinet, Copeland Scroll compressor, low rpm fam motor, noise blanket for the compressor and lifetime compressor warranty, reliability is more dependant on proper installation than brand, choose your contractor well.
    swampfox, thanks for the info.
    What's the story with the noise. I've read in so many places that scrolls make a different kind of noise. Is it a big deal? What kind of a noise it is?

TIA

gm
    gm10

Originally posted by amd
    Goodman Country Enjoy.
    I did enjoy. Thanks.
    Here in Toronto working conditions for AC are much different then they are in Arizona. The last two years I used my AC less than 10 days a year and not full day at that. Heat pumps are almost non existent. Temperature goes to 114 Deg only inside of the car if it's left on the driveway with windows closed. <BG>So a unit in Arizona may in one year do more job than a unit in Toronto through its entire life.
    More important here is noise, look and quality of finish.

Regards,

gm
    gm10