Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I guess I could have just replied to thecomfortzone44's thread, but figured I'd get more responses here.

I am up here in connecticut and have not liked it from day 1. I too, would not mind moving down south where it is warm, but I just don't know anyone anywhere. I've been here for 5 years now and I am literally just alone where friends are concerned. Not one person has ever been to my house, and when I ask co workers if they want to do something, they are too wrapped up in their own lives to give a ****.

I not only want a place where it is warm, but a place where attic and crawl space work is minimal. And from what I hear, down south there is no such thing.

When I lived in Kansas, it was all gas warm air furnaces, mostly in basements. And I enjoy the A/C work, summer is my favorite season, but around here there seems to be less and less of it every summer. I remember changing 3 to 5 condenser fan motors every week in the summer, now that I am up here, I have literally only replaced 6 condenser fan motors in 5 summers. that's how much A/C work is here.

I want to go back to working on gas furnaces (Here is is mostly oil boilers), and having enough A/C service work to keep me busy from may through october. Man I miss those days. I also want a place where people are sociable and accepting. Somewhere where I can meet new friends and invite them over for games, or to go fishing, and have them actually come.

More or less a place where everyone is everyone else's neighbor. Here you can't even go into a supply house and crack a joke without the guys just looking at you like you are stupid, wheras back in kansas, I could have done the exact same thing and had everyone laughing.

Unless I can find some other place I know for damn sure I will like,I'm thinking I might just go back to Kansas where all of my friends are, and hopefully get my social life back.

The only other problem is the cost of moving. I looked at the price for a uhaul truck and it is over $2,800. Plus all the gas and motels. Was hoping to move this spring but at that price I'm going to have to wait another year I think.

U-haul

Theres a trick you can pull off concerning the U-Haul expense. Just tell them you want to move to a town close to your true destination where they dont get that many trucks, that way they may charge you a whole lot less...just give it a shot. They charge you according to how many trucks they have at your destination. I moved from Billings, MT to Reno, NV and paid only $100 for the truck because according to them there was a truck shortage in Reno (not true, there was a truck surplus, someone screwed up) and so I got a awesome deal.

Jeremy

I moved 500 miles $400.

More or less a place where everyone is everyone else's neighbor.

If you find it let us know.

Unless I can find some other place I know for damn sure I will like,I'm thinking I might just go back to Kansas where all of my friends are, and hopefully get my social life back.

Why did you move away from Kansas?

I'm looking for a tech in VA if your interested.

Mostly HP, than gas and then oil.

The boss likes to have a weekly poker game and a they just purchased a pool table (this is located in our shop).

The people are pretty friendly here.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

karsthuntr I'm looking for a tech in VA if your interested.

Mostly HP, than gas and then oil.

The boss likes to have a weekly poker game and a they just purchased a pool table (this is located in our shop).

The people are pretty friendly here.

Looks like you could make some real $$$$$ there.HaHa

Hey frame see that quote button at the bottom of my post?

Click that the next time you post, you will be amazed!

Originally posted by karsthuntr
    Hey frame see that quote button at the bottom of my post?

Click that the next time you post, you will be amazed!

Thanks

I can't believe you have almost 800 post's and didn't know that.

Talking

I am just not that smart & some times my message icon works & some time it don't can you help?

They work when you start a new thread but not when you are posting to an old one.

You actually have to type the emoticon's in.

Click quote to see.

Talking

They work when you start a new thread but not when you are posting to an old one.

Click quote to see.

Click quote to see.

How do you do them in a line or at the end of the post?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast