Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sad days

estimated 5 million Muslims living in the United States.
    Muslim State Population Table
    State Muslim Population
    (1,000) Percentage Total Muslim Population Percent of Total State Population
    California 1,000 20.0 3.4
    New York 800 16.0 4.7
    Illinois 420 8.4 3.6
    New Jersey 200 4.0 2.5
    Indiana 180 3.6 3.2
    Michigan 170 3.4 1.8
    Virginia 150 3.0 2.4
    Texas 140 2.8 0.7
    Ohio 130 2.6 1.2
    Maryland 70 1.4 1.4

* Estimates under column 2 have been rounded to the nearest even number.

The list below shows the number of facilities used by Muslims for religious activities and community affairs:

Quote Originally Posted by air2spare View Post
    Not to mention it's the muslim capital of the USA, wait untill they blow up a high-rise or two...just sayin
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

The American Jewish Committee and other groups estimate the number of Jews in this country is about 6 million.

"Six million has a special resonance," Harris wrote in a May 21 article in Jerusalem Report magazine. "It would mean that Muslims outnumber Jews in the U.S. and it would buttress calls for a redefinition of America's heritage as 'Judeo-Christian-Muslim,' a stated goal of some Muslim leaders."

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I refuse to buy a Jap car until they name them after giant monsters!
    I want the Toyota Godzirra model
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

i want a toyota godzooky!!!!

named after godzillas baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoring Beagle View Post
    Welcome to the New Normal. We can't compete with cheap manufacturing so TPTB to maintain their 12% return on investment started to manipulate the one thing that America has still got, the Worlds Reserve Currency. They really got loose and careless with that. The FIRE, (finance, insurance, real estate), economy was doing great. But it was all flimflam. Screwed the pooch royal they did.

Armageddon for America will come when the Dollar is no longer the world reserve.

It's Hereeeeeeeee.....

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...un-dollar.html

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by secorp View Post
    Thanks Neat film, still CBS (Central Bull System, Dan Rather's old home) did nothing to dispel the fact that Detroit is the Armpit of America. wait tell that owners former auto workers he hired turn on him and go union. cheap office space is no reason to open an office in that shanty cesspool of town. Detroit died years ago people are now just picking at the bones for real estate deals.
    that film is a joke. Seriously.

Skilled labor? What Skilled Labor? Maybe the guy who worked on the robot welder. Maybe the guy who worked on the conveyor. If they mean the guy who put windshields on, or the guy who tested for tire pressure, good luck.

Very few auto industry line workers are skilled labor. In fact the skilled labor of the big 3 are still working. Howver there are less of them due to technology advances. Designing, sculpting, engineering, tooling. but the guy on the line, yeagh he's as skilled as a McDonalds drive thru attendant at midnight.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

I worked the line in 1972 after I got out of the Army. It was Fisher Body, truck and coach in Pontiac. They put me in the pit bolting on bumpers as the cars rolled over my head. Real skilled labor there, along with the morons who lifted the tires onto the cars, the one who put the bolts on the studs holding on the intake and the monkey who tightened them afterwards.

I worked one 12hour night shift and that was enough for me.

The assembly line was just that, an assembly line. No skills required yet they made good money. Go figure, maybe because of the unions they were way overpaid.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post

The assembly line was just that, an assembly line. No skills required yet they made good money.
    Been there and saw that (Windsor, ON), a shame that some people think they should get high pay for unskilled positions, but some others think that the "bolt the wheel on person" has tremendous skills and their job has been stolen by some low paid worker in a third world country! We really need to take a hard look at what we are calling "skills" and get ourselves back to the real world of innovation, those days of low skill high paid jobs are heading to China or somewhere else, we have to change, and fast...

I put my factory time in at Dodge Truck in Warren. I was in the Paint shop on the second floor working the taping line between two long ovens. Lasted the summer and then quit.

Crazy place to work.

What got me was how some guy got to do very little on every third trolley while the guy next to him would have to bust his rear on every thing that passed his station. Guys would celebrate when that line would lurch forward and stop that meant it broke down somewhere.

It wasn't all fun and games. Seen my share of work place violence too.

Expect nothing, yet expect the unexpected.
    Press on Regardless, Endeavor to Persevere.

I worked the line in 1972 after I got out of the Army. It was Fisher Body, truck and coach in Pontiac. They put me in the pit bolting on bumpers as the cars rolled over my head. Real skilled labor there, along with the morons who lifted the tires onto the cars, the one who put the bolts on the studs holding on the intake and the monkey who tightened them afterwards.

The assembly line was just that, an assembly line. No skills required yet they made good money. Go figure, maybe because of the unions they were way overpaid.
    Thats plant is closed down now.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

90 % of them do that Wally. My brother works on the line at Chrysler...at lunch time, there is a brutha that says he has to go talk to his bird (crack pipe). He comes back all cracked up and proceeds with his tasks.
    The only reason the guys in the vid got the axe is because they were recorded.

Phuk dup!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

You're half right...

When the P/L started to take a nose dive which would not recover many people dumped GM stock. Way back when.

Now all manufactuing is going 2nd tier. Skilled labor which kept the plants running are going 2nd tier also. And GM has instituted a new buyout program.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast