Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sad days

I wish this did not turn into a union bashing thread by people making $8 an hour!

anyhow!!!!!!!1

This is a sad day!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sad! Detroit was the beverly Hills of the early part of the 20th century!!!!!!!!!1

technology and automation, Nafta and sending the work to India for crappy products being made by 9 year old children working 20 hours a day for 60 cents is not the union workers fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have problems and some unions will fall!!!!!!!!!!

if a non union auto maker in the USA can build a great car and compete? God bless them!

If a non union company in the USA can make textiles, clothes, electronics and compete with Mexico? God bless them too!

we are in this together!

we need better schools and less illegal aliens!

take out the 50 million illegals, make tougher laws for imports to adhere to the same OSHA standards for their employees as the USA!!!!!!!!!!!

most countries do not have tens of millions of prisoners and gang members to support either!!

we better deal with the drug problems, crime and education!
    I am not happy having the 57th best school system in the world!!!!!!!!!!1

anyhow!!
    Detroit is a ghost town and it is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad day!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Could it be the gready politicians that only care about themselves??

naa, couldn't be that. They really care about us..

i like your gold digger avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Just think about this. No one of our elected officials in any capacity has done one thing to draw those companies back to the US. And not one has created and atmosphere in the USA where we, as individuals, can open and prosper in our own businesses of our choices
    Amen to that.

ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I wish this did not turn into a union bashing thread by people making $8 an hour!

we are in this together!
    First statement is beneath your level of intelligence. Just cause someone is not union doesn't mean they are making minimum wage..but you already know that.

And, we are not all in this together.

For years I have watched as unions have inserted themselves in our regulating state body to discriminate against free enterprise companies and have set up rules and regulations that focus on running free enterprise HVAC and other companies out of business.

Each paycheck of a union employee there is a portion taken out and put into a separate account to work against a fair and equal market place.

Even today in Washington State with the tremendous financial burden on the entire state, union employees still maintain that their lives and pay levels continue as an exception.

Only a few state employee unions are starting to see the writing on the wall that if they don't share the problems of all the citizens they will be entirely out of a job. Some still point out that they can't be fired for such a reason and they still insist that their job and their pay scale be maintained in spite of all other facts and costs to the other citizens.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

dont over estimate my intelligence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    First statement is beneath your level of intelligence. Just cause someone is not union doesn't mean they are making minimum wage..but you already know that.

And, we are not all in this together.

For years I have watched as unions have inserted themselves in our regulating state body to discriminate against free enterprise companies and have set up rules and regulations that focus on running free enterprise HVAC and other companies out of business.

Each paycheck of a union employee there is a portion taken out and put into a separate account to work against a fair and equal market place.

Even today in Washington State with the tremendous financial burden on the entire state, union employees still maintain that their lives and pay levels continue as an exception.

Only a few state employee unions are starting to see the writing on the wall that if they don't share the problems of all the citizens they will be entirely out of a job. Some still point out that they can't be fired for such a reason and they still insist that their job and their pay scale be maintained in spite of all other facts and costs to the other citizens.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all!

delta
    I do not agree with your opinion!
    But it is not something I feel that strong about!
    plus if we keep arguing about this, Robin will just come on here with some union bashing post that is 3 pages long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you also!!!!!!

Frank

Frank
    It's not my opinion. It's facts that I and every other contractor deal with every day. Still think the $8 hour statement was a low blow cause there are plenty who make more then union scale.

Anyway, it's time to kick back and be thankful for all that we have including the right to discuss all of our various experiences and points of view.

I hear something up on my roof so I'm going to go check it out!

Merry Christmas again...............................
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

good night Delta!

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post

anyhow!!!!!!!1

This is a sad day!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sad! Detroit was the beverly Hills of the early part of the 20th century!!!!!!!!!1

technology and automation, Nafta and sending the work to India for crappy products being made by 9 year old children working 20 hours a day for 60 cents is not the union workers fault!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have problems and some unions will fall!!!!!!!!!!

if a non union auto maker in the USA can build a great car and compete? God bless them!

If a non union company in the USA can make textiles, clothes, electronics and compete with Mexico? God bless them too!

we are in this together!

we need better schools and less illegal aliens!

take out the 50 million illegals, make tougher laws for imports to adhere to the same OSHA standards for their employees as the USA!!!!!!!!!!!

most countries do not have tens of millions of prisoners and gang members to support either!!

we better deal with the drug problems, crime and education!
    I am not happy having the 57th best school system in the world!!!!!!!!!!1

anyhow!!
    Detroit is a ghost town and it is so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad day!
    Nafta didn't have anything to do with the demise of Detroit, it was the greed of the unions and the stupid executives in the big 3 US automakers that allowed it to happen, the legacy costs are too high to sustain growth.

Non union workers auto workers are more productive and make good money.

Who do ypou know that makes $8 an hour?

I am in Florida (a right to work state) and noone I hire or know makes $8 an hour.

In Florida we have about 10-11% unemployment, Detroit has over 30% unemployment.

that's because at $8 an hour you can get more employees!!!!!!!!1

I also live and work in a right to work for free state!

Kansas!

I would love to work in Florida or Georgia, several other places warmer than Kansas!

Union or non union? I have worked both! I am not going to work for that little amount of money!
    I have a family to feed!

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    Nafta didn't have anything to do with the demise of Detroit, it was the greed of the unions and the stupid executives in the big 3 US automakers that allowed it to happen, the legacy costs are too high to sustain growth.

Non union workers auto workers are more productive and make good money.

Who do ypou know that makes $8 an hour?

I am in Florida (a right to work state) and noone I hire or know makes $8 an hour.

In Florida we have about 10-11% unemployment, Detroit has over 30% unemployment.

Things change

Things change and nothing stays the same. This is the way it has been for as long as anybody has been able to write about it. People who dont recognise the change get stuck. Merry Christmas......There is "One thing that doesnt change" and today we celebrate his arrival in the flesh many years ago.
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast