Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Sad days

or the megagargarius?
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Stupid India and their 50 billion people! Cant understand a damb word that comes outa their mouths.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Good for her!!!!!!!!!
    there is really nothing else someone can do!
    or just sit around and hope for your tech job to come back??????????

I really hope she learns something good and gets a cool job!
    40 is young!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beshvac View Post
    I hate the "world economy" My wife's computer programming job went to India about 8 years ago.....gone is our 2nd income and benefits....God bless my wife who in her 40's has gone back to school to re-tool!

it works well for their companies too!

I have had to call sony tech support for warranty!!!!!!!!

you can not understand them so you eventually quit!!
    then forget about the warranty!!!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Stupid India and their 50 billion people! Cant understand a damb word that comes outa their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    i like your gold digger avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks..

Why do so many people bash the Unions? It seems like its the fatcat managers making the big bucks. The Unions and the working folk are just an easier target.
    Look at Enron. How about the suits of the airlines coming to beg for bailout cash in their private planes? The list goes on.

A lot of the issues lie with the contracts that were made between workers and management and or cities. To stay there and make X amount of money for 20 years then get a retirement package that is worth 2 or 3 times that amount is an unsustainable liability for everyone else.

It would have been ok if all the manufacturing companies had stayed in business, the greedy ones in charge had made better decisions, congress would have kicked out the lobbyists years ago and more of the american people would have payed attention to what was going on in their own govt.

What is the average % of people here that VOTE? Pretty much says a lot.

I grew up in Pontiac, Mi in 1950. My mother and stepfather both raised their families with the auto plants. Life was good for Detroit back then but I never liked the Union way of doing business so I left as soon as I could and came to Texas.

We are all in Deep Sheit, whether you believe it or not I really don't see any way out. It's gonna get real ugly real fast.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

The whole argument is dumb. Many years ago the wealthy tried to come up with a way to get rid of the middle class. This whole thing of a three class society drains their wealth by making them pay decent wages, unlike many other countries. The plan was devised, and they knew it would take generations to institute fully. First came the national highway system, which allowed many people to move further and further outside of cities to a world of new hope. With this, they now needed two cars in every garage, two tv's in every home, and two jobs in every family. Then, to make people feel more safe, they came up with things like pension plans and healthcare plans. Pension plans have always been know to be flawed, in that you basically need three or more people pushing up to pay for one. They created this scheme knowing that this type of growth is unsustainable, Same with healthcare.

After these plans were in place, many of the big ceo's simply stopped paying into the funds per the requirements of both the contracts, and goverment regs. The premise of these funds is growth at or around six to eight percent, following monetary poilicy, and to a degree the stock market. When you stop paying into the funds, they become a liability as note only is the principle there, the earnings from it disappear over time. Notice that prior to many of these funds "certifying red", the politicians and big shots got together and formed another plan, the 401k to throw money at, and talked joe blow to invest there instead, and use that investment to buy stocks! ok, so joe blow and all his buddies did that, and then low and behold, everyone was feeling really good, while they got their money taken right from underneath them.

The average joe needs to stop bickering amongst themselves and realize they are being taken for a ride. get back to solidarity and hard work, and make this country great again. The big boys are stealing your money legally. The only way to stop it is to go back to solidarity in some fashion and retake control. if we dont, we will all be poor in anotther generation.

I don't see how a company could ever think they could afford to employ a person for twenty years, and then after they retire they get a pension and healthcare insurance for not just them, but their family too.

on small scale it is unprofitable on a large scale like GM, it is impossible.

I wonder the same!!

I am not ver educated about this stuff!

but I think as long as they had one million workers and 100k retirees it was okay?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????/

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    I don't see how a company could ever think they could afford to employ a person for twenty years, and then after they retire they get a pension and healthcare insurance for not just them, but their family too.

Once upon a time, if you were a dedicated employee that devoted your entire working life to a company, they would take care of you.

Things have gotten way too expensive to even consider such an idea these days.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

It's such a tough nut to crack open and sort out the reality and gravity of the problems.

I don't really think their is a conspiracy of new world order. I don't think the most powerful in this land and others sat down 50 years ago and devised this grand plan.

I don't think anyone anticipated the change at such a rapid pace that the world economy has taken such steps in so little time. No one could predict the impact of technology.

You look at China for example. Something north of 500 million people went from poverty to lower middle class inside 50 years. That's so transformational, and so rapid, no one bright person could have imagined how that alone impacts the world. Add another billion across the globe to that. All this demand of products and services.

What i think the US has not done a real great job of was preparing and positioning ourselves to lead that growth. We did not prepare. We never once strategically thought about how we fit into that dynamic. We all collectively tried to think this was some fad or some little blip on the map. And all the while the world started to be on the move. We were isolationists. We want it all and no one else. We thought we were always going to dominate. And the whole time we were high fiving ourselves and patting ourselves on the back congratulating how great we are, the rest of the world got to work. Were playing defense. Were playing reactive football right now.

So were reacting. And were not learning from our losing.

The solutions are always about fixing problems with problems. I see the entitlement culture being a out of control runaway train. Were trying to make this trajectory down a few notches as least painful as possible. We don't have the discipline to pull up our britches an compete. Our competitiors are willing to sacrafice more, work harder and they know this about us. They know were lazy. They know we are arrogant and not willing to do the work required.

We better change that.

There is no greater place on earth where this can be reversed so swiftly than in the United States. But we need to recognize this and get to work. If we don't, the rest of the world is going to exploit us. Just like they are doing.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post

You without possibly not knowing it have discribed the union educational system in America.

Huge unfunded liabilities for retireree pensions.

In Michigan as of 2007 it was unfunded by 25 Billion dollars.

The State Legislature would not address it.

Last election was a massive shift to a Republican Governor, Senate,and House.

Its hair cut time sorry to say and a massive amount of consolidation of administration will occur.

How about employees of the big 3 drive what they build to start with! That burns my ass. Work at GM drive a Honda......good job guys! If the guys building them dont believe or help why will anyone else! Both Canada and USA use to make everything they purchase right here in North America.

I don't mind having a $2-$3 store.
    You're Only As Good As Your Last Service Call or Install.....Make it Count!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast