Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    hey ga-hvac-tech didnt mean to come off like that just see alot of dishonest people in this field is all and getting tired of them but obviosly you arent like that i took what you said wrong so i appologize sir and hope you have a wonderful new year and hope the holidays were good to you .

Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    hey ga-hvac-tech didnt mean to come off like that just see alot of dishonest people in this field is all and getting tired of them but obviosly you arent like that i took what you said wrong so i appologize sir and hope you have a wonderful new year and hope the holidays were good to you .
    98% of them are.

Quote Originally Posted by martin&sonsa/c View Post
    No foul, no issue...

IMO it is tuff to 'see' clearly on the internet... I am guilty as charged with other folks many times...

Too many folks in this business ARE greedy (and IMO tend to compromise many things). I think it makes life easy for those of us that ARE honest... it just takes longer to build our customer base...

Happy New Year, and a properous year to you my friend.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    98% of them are.
    I suspect the %'s vary in different areas, but I do believe you are right in that a majority tend to see this business as a 'cash cow' rather than customer service that provides an income.

IMO part of this is the consumer's doing; When the heat or AC goes out... they want it fixed NOW.. and are willing to pay high rates for that comfort (wish they would pay high rates for comfort during installs... ). Kinda like they created the monster... All us guys are doing is riding the wave so to say.

Most of my service and install tickets are a bit less than the big shops... however my customers are as loyal as they can be... And loyal customers do nice referrals!!! I like this business.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Good looking install. I am just asking, does one (in your area) have to cover up all that nice metal ductwork with insulation? Around here s/a ducts would sweat and drip water. We have gone to a bubble wrap (no fiberglass). Maybe you ductlined?

I will get some pictures posted soon of a horizontal SL280V attic install I am doing for my daughter's "future" inlaws. Complete 2 zone cut-in, house had electric ceiling heat, built back in the 60's.

thanks.

as for the insulation, nope. it's a fully conditioned basement. in the summer i do have to run a dehumidifier in the basement but that's it.

i have yet to see any of the 80% 33" furnaces from lennox. good luck with the install, i always cringe when i hear "attic".

Quote Originally Posted by JKopp View Post
    Good looking install. I am just asking, does one (in your area) have to cover up all that nice metal ductwork with insulation? Around here s/a ducts would sweat and drip water. We have gone to a bubble wrap (no fiberglass). Maybe you ductlined?

I will get some pictures posted soon of a horizontal SL280V attic install I am doing for my daughter's "future" inlaws. Complete 2 zone cut-in, house had electric ceiling heat, built back in the 60's.

Does that 4 by box have 4 outlets but no service switch?

in the 4x4 box there's a switch and 3 outlets. one for the humidifier, one for the uv lights, and another for the condensate pump.

there's another outlet on the other side of the furnace for the pureair.

Nice job. So the light in your hall makes the thermostat orange? or did you coat it? What kind of brake did you use for that duct? Came out real nice there. A+

Looks nice and clean....
    when in doubt swap it out....NOT!!

Flu exhaust right under window is a nit-pick.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

did you pitch the furnace towards the front to allow for proper drainage. required for that furnace.

Wow very nice work I wish i had that in my house.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast