Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experience

10 years and still learning.

Lets take that question 1 step further...Who agrees or dissagrees with NATE certification?
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

11 years residential...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Adding it up it is 26 years, 16 to 42

Centrifugals thru high pressure steam and a lot in between except ammonia ( that stuff hurts ) including supermarket refer,small restaurant equipment,residential install & service, four brands of DDC,

open protocol,graphics,pnuematics and management of commercial constructionn (hvac) projects,full service service dept and start-up of a few specific brands of commercial equipment and their controls,customer training on control systems,comfort equipment,lab equipment, and graphics.

Joined local UA Pipefitters as a Journeyman BTJ.

Lapsed certificate membership at RSES, but that is where I learned the most.

Is NATE woth it? yes, anytime you are preparing for a test you are learning. Regardless of the importance of the certification.

[Edited by fat eddy on 02-27-2005 at 10:31 AM]

i've got 13 years in.......about 22 to go...................................boy.... that's depressing.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

A little over 7 years Res/Com with a dabble here and there in Ref.....Mainly service...
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

5 years for me...
    Just over 4 years in commercial sheetmetal side of things, the last year or so I've been doing mostly residential installs.

Desperatley tryin to get into the service side, made another move (hopefully) towards the commercial service side now.

Unless the lotto hits, I don't really see doing any other kind of work.

Been at it for 15 + year's everything from res to light comm
    and still reading everyday on the topic.The more i read on the subject the better the tech i become.

Originally posted by bigbadbob
    21 years on my own, been at it for 26 years, my Dad and my Grandfather were heating contractors. I was threading pipe by hand and helping my Dad as far back as I can remember.

In the summers I would help him retrofit those old Nesbitt RMA100 Multizone Rooftops, he was the Nesbitt Service guy for the eastern 1/2 of the US, he took me along so he wouldn't have to crawl up into the hotdecks to install the wiring and sensors.
    those things sucked

Originally posted by jimp
    Originally posted by bigbadbob
    21 years on my own, been at it for 26 years, my Dad and my Grandfather were heating contractors. I was threading pipe by hand and helping my Dad as far back as I can remember.

In the summers I would help him retrofit those old Nesbitt RMA100 Multizone Rooftops, he was the Nesbitt Service guy for the eastern 1/2 of the US, he took me along so he wouldn't have to crawl up into the hotdecks to install the wiring and sensors.
    those things sucked
    Didn't they?? Those stupid interlocking aluminum doors, I can't tell you how many of those things I bent.

My old man loved them...........could fix them in his sleep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12