Thread: Will He Retire

Team still waiting on word from QB

Brett Favre is making the Green Bay Packers wait to hear his plans for next season, but the team is not pushing him for a decision.

So will he retire I think so.

He'll be back. But the big news is Jerome Bettis is playing for another year. Signed a 1 year 1.5 million contract. The NFL needs more players like Farve and Bettis, that play for the love of the game.
    Not here for a long time, just a good time

XXXXXX

I am a huge fan. The way he plays, the way he works. It's just a unique thing in the NFL. He's definately someone that could have played in the 50's or 60's.

Favre has given me 11 years of Sunday's. I mean quite lierally we watched this guy grow up in front of us. You should have seen him when he first step foot down in Wisconsin. Young, Cocky, Wild. He has come a long way as a quarterback and a man.

Watch him every weekend. By birth right, I am obligated to be a loyal cheesehead and Green Bay Packer Fan. So this day we people from that great land of Wisconsin know this time of decision would be looming.

He's had some terrible things happen recently over the last year with his family. And his wife is suffering from cancer right now. Sad. I don't know if that neccesarily means he's done. That's not what will cause him to say he's done. I think he's looking at it from the fact whether he can still be effective. I think he see's in himself that he don't have the same skills he had in his prime. He's that responsible and humble. And he will not be the one to be told to go. I think for him, if that had to happen, would kill him, and he knows that. SO he doesn't want to be one of those guys that is asked to sit down.

muskie770

He'll be back. But the big news is Jerome Bettis is playing for another year. Signed a 1 year 1.5 million contract. The NFL needs more players like Farve and Bettis, that play for the love of the game.

You are so right.The NBA needs them more.

They say the first time you think about retiring, its time.

Even though Farve has been a thorn in the Lions side,you can help but like a guy that plays for the pure love of the game....hate to see him go but it may be time...
    If I know I'm going Crazy,I must not be Insane

He can read defenses,has an accurate cannon with a quick release, even if he lose his wheels he can play at the highest level. could be around for awhile. JMHO

he is one of the best

They said,so he's planning to play at least one more season, maybe more if his own health holds up

Originally posted by muskie770
    ================================================== =============

Yeah. $1.5 mil worth of love.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club