Thread: Bryant Furnace?

Post Likes
    I am about to buy a house but the owners are to replace the furnaces (2). I live in the southeast and the repair/installation company is planning on installing a 80% efficient Bryant Furnace. They said that there was not really any need to upgrade to a 90% efficient model unless I just wanted to spend the extra money (we have to pay for the upgrade, but not the replacement). Is there anything I should know about Bryant units? I heard 80% effecient units are fine in milder climates. Are there any other thoughts on the subject? Thank you.

Post Likes
    I assume these are gas furnaces. Do want to stay with gas? Is there a possability with changing to a heatpump? Bryant furnaces a good, I used to install them. The price of gas though is a problem in itself. If you have other gas appliances in the house and dont mind the added cost then stick with Bryant. They good equipment and their 80% furnaces work well.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Post Likes
    who selected the installing company

the Contractor is the most important part of a furnace replacement job.

bryant is good equipment pay for the upgrade to a 2 speed 80 or 90

duct good to see you're still here we got your back

gasman Guest

Smile

another thought..is the a/c the same age? if so consider of replacing both at same time or do as duc doc. suggested go to heatpump. Bryant are good equip.

Post Likes

gas upgrade not need !!!!

heat pump in the south east,no need for gas. also like what has already been said replace enitre system,cooling will be the most energy consumption. not sure what area of the southeast but go w/ a minimum of 12 seer.

gasman Guest

Thumbs up

I agree with Matt. Even tho i am a full fledge gasman. go with heatpump. Ted.

Post Likes
    Thank you for all of your help. Your comments were most helpful.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in