I just put my house on the market and decided to try to sell it without a realtor.Has anyone ever been through this that can give me any suggestions.thanks.

I have done it four times without one, all it takes is a willing buyer and a good title company.

I have sold a couple of house's up here in Mn, I hired a Real Estate Attorney to handle the legal aspect of it, was not that expensive. Most of the disclosures I did myself, there are a couple of kits out there that provide the required paper work cost a couple of bucks but still less then a realtor will charge. Most Important is that you show your house well take the time to paint and fix any of the little things that may be wrong, don't have a cluttered look to it when they come a looking, Try to make it look homey but not overlived.

Make sure you don't over price it or under price it, look in the area to see what they are asking for theirs or those that have sold in the last few months then decide what your bottom price is going to be because no mattr how low it is somebody will try and beat you out of it.

Good Luck !
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

BTC where can I get the kit.

If I am not mistaken I picked mine up at Office Depot but its been some time ago, they may still carry it or something like it.
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat. (President Theodore Roosevelt)

How did you guys market your houses to get buyers?

I would suggest local newspapers, professional looking lawn signs and there are house for sale by owner websites and other avenues to advertise your home.
    Regardless of weather you are selling it yourself or not you NEED to tidy up fix up clean up de clutter and generally stage your home correctly. EG no computor desks in the dining room, ensure each room's usage is correct and makes sense. no barker loungers in the kitchen, no sofas in bedrooms etc. make sure your home doesn't "smell"

Don't price your self out of your market

good luck

PS I'm currently selling through a realtor as we are in a hurry
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

know the market. i just sold a rental property through a realtor and got thirty grand more than i thought it was worth. i was just fishing a little with a realtor friend, asked him approximate values and after some conversation, he agreed to sell it for me for 3% and i ended up with WAY more than i thought i would. oh, no forms for me to worry about either. if you are in a hot market, the for sale by owner is the way to go. if your market is not hot right now you may be disappointed. around here, we have services that will come in and spruce up your house for you to make it sell quiker. not talking about cleaning, but they will help you to remove clutter, organize etc. for a small fee about four g's, you can usually get twenty five or thirty more on the sale price.