Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Gone

Hybrid View

No more posts from me. Just gonna sit back, read and keep opinions to myself. I recently received an e-mail from a person saying that basically I didn't know what I was talking about. Just plain rude. I guess 10 years in the field, being NATE certified, EPA certified, company certified in load calc and duct design means nothing to some poeple. With that said....Y'all have a nice day.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Duct,

You got to take that stuff with a grain of salt, don't let someones opinion of something instill selfdoubt in yourself.I have read and admired several of your posts, and I think that that would be the general consensus here.

You need or should remove your yahoo id in your profile. I noticed also that this site is like being on a battle field. There are certain ones here whom try and be super techs and if you in anyway disagree with them be prepared for battle. Then there are those that well never mind, they know who they are.

I agree,

Anyhting that is said here on this site should be left here, I think continuing a discussion with someone in an unsolicited e-mail, is cheesy, under the table and over the top. And the person is taking himself and the whole damn thing to seriously.

PS fixit50,

If you are refering to me. I think that you should notice that I never start the fight but I do finish them.

And yes, I am a SuperTech,

Originally posted by fixit50
    You need or should remove your yahoo id in your profile. I noticed also that this site is like being on a battle field.
    I would definetely remove the id in your profile.
    Whoever is criticizing your post should have enough balls to do it on that particular thread.
    Then give you an opportunity to respond to the criticism.
    I have begun to question peoples motives on this site.
    Seems as though a lot have big chips on their shoulders.
    Stand your ground duct dr,if you are wrong make them prove it.
    I have not seen anything wrong with the replies you have made so far,they seem sincere enough.

[Edited by davidr on 02-26-2005 at 12:56 PM]

do you know what you are talking about? there are alot of people here that are excellent at what they do, but a few who have no clue and it seems to me the ones that have no clue want the site to themselves but that is no reason to be a quitter. be smart if someone tells you that you are wrong research it you might be but hey then you would have learned something. but if you want to better yourself your not going to do it by throwing in the towel.

I get ematils from time to time from cowards that say **** like that, but won't identify themselves.

Just delete them and move on.

You think YOU'VE got a "fan" club?????? Hell, you oughtta see the size of mine!

Fat eddy i never said your name so please dont refer that i did, dont twist things around, I said if he doesnt want people to email him, then remove his yahoo id from his profile. That is it and simple as that. This is how the flaming gets started. Dave is correct though, he got a fan club, Dave takes some heat here and puts up with it, Ok i am spent.

I am also fan of Dave's

Boss forwarded me a few of his "hate" emails a while back.

Talk about folks taking things too personally. I wouldn't let anyone talk to me like that in person.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Yeah, you should see some of my e-mail!

That is one of the several reasons for rule number 9 No e-mail addresses in posts

As wonderful as the Internet is, it has a tendency to bring out a lot of hostility in people, hostility that you would never see in normal face to face or even telephone contact. It has ground me down sometimes.

Fortunately the good out weighs the bad, most of the time, but not always.

Boss

dhvac, I realize that there are those who know more than I do, our indusrty is a never ending learning experience. But I do feel safe in saying that I know what I'm talking about. When I post a reply, I'm just trying to offer help through past jobs I've done, what I see day to day, and from the many schools and training sessions I've been to. I'm lucky, my company pays for all the schools and training so I take full advantage of it, but when someone says I'm just talking crap that pisses me off. I will gladly listen to those who know more than me, but I dont think I'm the senior installer and crew supervisor for nothing. Thanks guys, I'm gonna get off my soapbox now and go back to my corner.

And yes fixit, I did remove my ID from my profile.
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

when i asked if you knew what you are talking about i didn't really want an answer,
    just wanted you to think about it.
    i dont know if you know lots or very little, i dont care either way.
    not trying to be a smart ass but i'll bet i know lots that you dont and ill bet you know lots that i dont.
    everyone here can learn something as long as they are not so stupid as to think they already know it all ( cause those people who know everything are truly the stupid ones IMO)
    all i'm saying is stick around make some more replys and relax some.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast