Thread: Switching furnace from natural gas to propane

Post Likes
    How hard is this to do? Will the burners have to be changed or can the current burners be adjusted to use propane? I have an 18 year old Lennox furnace that is going to be replaced (complete system change out). Furnace runs fine, no problems. I'm considering keeping the old unit and installing it in my barn work shop. Only fuel source there would be propane.

Thanks,

Post Likes
    contact your lennox dealer and ask for the conversion kit, which includes orifices, and springs.

Springs are to bereplaced for your gas valve since propane has higher pressure

Orifices, which are screwed to the gas manifold, they will be smaller in diameter.

BEST TO HAVE A PRO TO DO IT. YOU ARE FOOLING WITH GAS AND NOT TOO SAFE.

Have fun

Post Likes
    Thanks Stef,

I'm sure Lennox dealer won't sell me the kit directly and that's fine as I would have a pro come out and run the gas line and do the conversion and make sure it's working correctly. I just wanted to make sure it was possible before they hauled the old unit off and before getting a propane tank deivered. Barn area is about 22 feet by 45 feet so the old furnace would be the cats meow to heat it up quick when needed.

Thanks for the info.!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in