+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-stat for "small people"

Post Likes
    Serious question!How high on a wall should an installer mount a thermostat for,to be P.C.,"small person".It's a problem I have encountered several times over the years.Should you hang it low to accomodate the HO,or by code?If I stick with code most of these poor guy's and gal's are going to have to jump or climb,if I don't and they sell thier home later the new HO will have to get on his knee's,throw his back out or ask one of his kid's to adjust the temp.

Post Likes
    If they are paying I would ask them to pick a spot.

Post Likes
    They all look too high.

Post Likes
    If they want it high put it high, they probably know what they want. I wouldn't try to tell them what they want.

Or sell them a remote control stat.

Post Likes
    Yeah'but the poor guy's have to jump.

Post Likes
    do they lower the door handles..light switches..etc.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    For the most part they can reach the light switch or door knob but seeing the digital readout on the stat is just frankly beyond thier line of sight.

Post Likes
    If they pick the spot, just put it there. If you don't you will be back there to move it on your own time. Why do you care if they can see it? It's their stat and their wall put their stat on their wall where they want it.And if they don't like it they can pay to have it relocated.

Post Likes
    since the thermostat is supposed to control temps where you live then it would only make since (to me) to put it at an appropriate height for the homeowner since the temps in a house will vary from floor to ceiling put it in their comfort zone.

Post Likes
    I worry about em'.

Post Likes
    I normally mount the tstat 60" off the floor.

If the home is occupied by the height challanged I will provide a step stool for an additional fee.
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

Post Likes
    a\c don' thats nice!

Post Likes
    its standard policy at our company to put them 60" from the floor no matter how tall or short the h/o is

Post Likes
    But don't you guy's really picture them in your head at night just jumping and breathing all hard and stuff just trying to turn down the heat.

Post Likes
    I have two suggestions.

1) Mount a stat at wherever they want, and put a remote sensor at the proper height.

Or...

2) Get a wireless remote stat. He can place it on a table, or wherever he wishes.

Post Likes
    I personally put the stat at the light switch level as that seems to be a reasonable allround height for every one i believe thats about fourfoot six inches or where the old one was
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes
    doing a commercial building that is ada approved all zone sensors are 48 inches off floor by the drawing so ppl in wheelchairs can adjust them also

Post Likes
    Have you ever noticed how small those keys are on a remote?OK',now just think about how hard it is for those guy's to use thier oversized digits.

Post Likes
    This is ridiculous, you are trying to take away their right to choose for themself. Let them tell you want they want and sell it to them.You are not their gaurdian you're just an hvac guy.

Post Likes
    fat eddy,no I just really worry about these little guy's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in