Thread: Heat Pump Outside Unit Cover

Post Likes

Question

Does anyone know where I can get one of those lightweight hinged covers for a heat pump outside unit. When closed, they cover the grill area above the fan. The covers are light enought that they blow up and open when the fan starts, but will keep snow, and leaves out of the unit when closed.

Britt

Post Likes
    I have seen them myself and strongly oppose them... While they will keep debris from entering through the grille, they will also get weighted down with snow or get frozen in place by ice, preventing air flow across the coil... THEY ARE NOT NEEDED...

Knox CO. KY Occupation: Residintial and Commercial instalation, service,and commercial refrigeration. Interests:4wheeling and Hunting
    Post Likes
    I agree with cde72 they would be more trouble then they are worth!!
    GiT-R-Done!!!

Post Likes
    If they were needed, the manufacturer would have them on the unit...
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Post Likes
    Not a good idea to put one on a heatpump, but the one you are looking for can be found HERE.

Like I said, it would be a bad idea to put one on a heatpump. Most likely, it would break or worse, cause damage.

They're deisgned for air conditioning.

I saw them at a trade show, and was not at all impressed. It really won;t do a lot of what it claims and looks cheap.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in