Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lennox 80 UHG

Post Likes
    Nothing really ticks me off more than working on junk all day long than stepping into my home shop and listening to this piece of c!?p light off and miss it's blower sequence according to a "Pressure Switch" anamoly! I've replaced everything but the combustion blower assy, removed the pressure switch orfice, and it still does it's thing! Can anyone reccommend something for replacing the Heatcraft board that makes sense? Or is there really a Lennox God out there that would admit there is a problem with this unit somewhere between the combustion blower and the pressure switch!

Post Likes
    What can be more degrading than having a tech buy his own companys equipment? The acknowledgement that it's junk or the fact that there is no factory support?

Post Likes
    explain with more details what is happening. Does the Pressure switch make the contacts ? Did you measure the Negative pressure the Ventor is pulling ? To do this: get a barbed "T" fitting and some 1/4" plastic hoses and hook it up between Ventor and P.S.

Also, check the damn Ventor for proper Amps. If the furnace is using Nitride ignitor - replace the damn thing - it messes everything in the sequence.

Come back with more info - will try to help.

Post Likes
    Lennox undersized the combustion blower on this unit, it has the smallest rated pressure switch of all units .26.

Post Likes
    Indian, at .26"w.c. the darn thing should make the contacts without a hesitation. O.K. do that - pull the 1/4" hose and well ... pull the vacuum with your mouth. Use napkin or some thick paper - because some say one could catch Legionere disease by suckin in the air from the hose.
    That should eliminate some questions.

Post Likes
    No one likes to go home and work on the problems they deal with all day, point well taken, it's time to get all the facts, and then call tech support and lay it on the line.

Post Likes
    Does it have the original exhaust blower?
    A common change out. I have put a meter across the two terminals on the p.switch. Should be zero volts when the unit is running.....then the meter starts to read volts and immediately goes back to zero as the switch recloses. But that sudden opening of the switch is all the board needs to go into restart and after 3 of these, goes into lockout. Same type of problem as the 80mgf's sensor. Without the upgrade kit,you get lockouts on flame sense.

Post Likes
    PARTS CHANGER. Since you are good at replacing part after part. Might as well keep going to other part. Give us a step by step of problem you encounter so we can help man

Post Likes
    Originally posted by stef
    PARTS CHANGER. Since you are good at replacing part after part. Might as well keep going to other part. Give us a step by step of problem you encounter so we can help man
    I fix things that would make your little world swim backwards, After I'm done with my day the last thing I want to do is what I do for you. Hey, maybe you are right, If you can fix this in a one hour service call I would be more than willing to pay the one hour shop charge! Then maybe you youd earn the right to pack my tools!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by stef
    Thank you for the insultations, Somehow this reminds me of daily business!

Post Likes
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this before, but on this particular machine Lennox put the primary limit in series with the pressure switch. These units are similar to G24 units with exception to the primary limit. I have replaced several G24 combustion blowers and pressure switches due to this same problem with a "high altitude" kit that cured the problem. Has anyone heard of such a retro kit for the 80 UHG? Yes this was parts changing stef.

Post Likes
    With an attitude like that on here,
    you might as well get used to talk'n to your self.
    Like you have been.

If your so up on lennox, then you know that they do have support.

So keep chang'n things and maybe we all can some day carry your tool bag,

But on the way in the house I'd probably stop by my truck and get my meter.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Post Likes
    just the ones I mentioned; change out the pilot rod/sensor assembly and the exhaust blower. Ones with black paint were the early model I believe and failed often, just after warranty.

Post Likes
    Is the model with spark ignition or the hot surface igniter?

If it is the spark ignition there is a flame sensor upgrade kit for that series. Lennox P/N Dual rod flame sensor upgrade kit, 62K5001.

The inducer blower wheel will pack up with dirt during its life. But before you clean the wheel check the amp draw on the inducer to see if it overdrawing amps.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Toolpusher
    With an attitude like that on here,
    you might as well get used to talk'n to your self.
    Like you have been.

If your so up on lennox, then you know that they do have support.

So keep chang'n things and maybe we all can some day carry your tool bag,

But on the way in the house I'd probably stop by my truck and get my meter.
    You are 100% correct, that was way out of line on my part, I just tend to get a little touchy when someone calls me a parts changer. I have only done this on my own personal garage heater attempting the "Quick Fix", I owe an apology to anyone offended and know that when I have the facts I can truly (hopefully) get the fix from Lennox.

Post Likes

Angry

Me say,get rid of magic fire box, you goum to forest and chop wood. Heap good fire.

Post Likes
    White man fenced off all the trees, putem up signs that say "NO TRESSPASSING." and in State/National Forests they got more signs "Don't do this, don't do that, can't you read the signs?" (what song was that from?)

[Edited by MikeJ on 03-12-2005 at 08:55 AM]

Post Likes
    I have a wood burner in the shop! Why even bother?

Post Likes
    Really, after *ss chewings and eating crow I dug out the U-tube manometer and witnessed a 1.0 start cycle, .8 after fire, gradually dropping to .2 and dropping out. A little WD40 kept things going for a few days! Now that I know that ball bearings will drag, I still need to replace the CBM assy. What can I say? My Crystal Balls are dragging!

Post Likes
    the 80 uh and g24 had a run of bad inducers bushing hanging up on them. also presure swith to high .45
    order new inducer kit. it will come with a pressure switch also the new switch is set for .35 big differance
    the flame senser kit also should be installed for better flame signal and easer to clean. the circut board was also ub graded on this unit comes in a kit whith leads and all
    these are upgrades and not parts changeing
    just lenox will not addmit they screwed up on this unit and the g24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in