Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Originally posted by dash
    Originally posted by fat eddy
    Wait a minute,

I just caught that he lives in Norman Ok, I calculated Norman OH,

Then it might be a 2.5 ton with a three ton coil.

[Edited by fat eddy on 02-26-2005 at 01:08 PM]
    "I calculated Norman OH"

I thought no calculations were involved,just "Carnak the Magnificent" was reincarnated!LOL
    If I could see the house, and stand 61 feet away, and hold up my hand in front of my eye, I could tell you not only how much AC you need, but how many sections of steam boiler it would take, too!

We jsut don't get enough of this around here anymore, really.

Re: Eddy

Originally posted by condenseddave
    Wrong hill to die on, seriously.

A world of **** is headed your way if you continue on this kick.
    Dude, I tried to make you stop, just remember that.....

Smile

Excuse me gentlemen, but I'm getting on Bama,s bus and riding it to the beach.

Hold On Fella's

I would still probably go with a 2 ton just maybe lean towards a 2.5, but in the end the 2 ton was probably the right choice, and you know it.If you don't you don't belong in this field.

Robo, so when do you stop paying FICA,or did you know that that point existed ?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Hold On Fella's

I would still probably go with a 2 ton just maybe lean towards a 2.5, but in the end the 2 ton was probably the right choice, and you know it.If you don't you don't belong in this field.

If we assume you are right,then I don't belong in this field.

Now that you have enlighted us ,on proper sizing ,please tell us abut your version of Man. S and Man. D.

Originally posted by dash
    Hold On Fella's

If we assume you are right,then I don't belong in this field.

Now that you have enlighted us ,on proper sizing ,please tell us abut your version of Man. S and Man. D.
    I would prefer he skip the Manuel S and Manuel D lesson. I want to know what brand of beer can he uses in his system charging talents. Although, I will sit back during the S and D class like a good student adding to my stand up material if he so chooses to take you up on the offer.

If this goes into the night, I will feel lucky to have been able to watch David Letterman caliber jokes 6 nights this week.

Well, since you seem to fixated on amount of income, funny you should ask. I don't pay "ANY" income taxes whatsoever. I don't work in the US and where I am working there is NO income taxes.

Are you really so shallow to think that amount of income has anything to do with ability and knowledge?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Robo:

We haven’t even solved his sizing issues yet, and here you want to take the thread in another direction entirely. Can you just wait until we solve the current problems before you go tossing money issues into the debate?

Hey,
    correct me if I am Wrong but I just found out in another thread that the job he was referring to as being a technical rep was for Goodman,

I mean is that even considered a job?

I know if I was a tech rep for Goodman I would not be bragging about it. I would only let my wife know and swear her to secrecy.

Hey,
    correct me if I am Wrong but I just found out in another thread that the job he was referring to as being a technical rep was for Goodman,

I mean is that even considered a job?

I know if I was a tech rep for Goodman I would not be bragging about it. I would only let my wife know and swear her to secrecy.
    OK you fat jackass, you have stepped over the line. Robo was a damned fine tech rep for Amana when Goodman bought them out. He did a fine job of helping out with that line of equipment, and took more crap for it than anyone ever deserved. He earned (and I mean EARNED) the respect he is shown on this board. Both in real life, and on the Internet, he is a fine person.

You should hope that one day you learn as much about HVAC as Robo has forgotten since his heart attack.

I don't care if you respect me or not. And you sure won't find me in a line of folks waiting to pat Goodman on the back for their high quality, long lasting quiet units, but Robo deserves a lot better from trash like you.

And as far as money. . . .let me tell you from my own experience, give me happiness over money every time. I've had both, but not together. I like happiness better.
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I did not start it with him he started with me.

You started it by insulting us all with your "it ain't Rocket Science."

We who take our craft seriously are offended when people don't take it seriously. We are even more offended when those people claim to be experts in our chosen field, and diseminate incorrect information top the general public. We (me, Robo and others like us) have spent thousands of hours over the years educating contractors, homeowners and commercial customers to expect legitimate, professional people in our industry. We work hard to teach service gusy the right way to do things, and we fight with manufacturers and suppliers trying to prove that service people are not idiots.

So, when someone comes along and proves that at least some service people are idiots, our bosses, and our boss' bosses all look at us and say, "What do you have to say now?"

So, even though you still think you are right, and still think you are smart, you have offended many proud professionals with your attitude.

Of course, you don't feel corrected yet, because you are one of those people (like my 10 year old son) who has never been wrong in their life. :/
    Hindsight is NOT a plan!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Wow! What a thread!

As a manufacturers technical rep I had come across many "fat eddie" type of contractors. Usually decent, hard working guys who have compiled a who lot of wrong information from incorrect analysis on why HVAC equipment does what it does. The prime example here is the "larger evap coils do a better job at dehumidification", which has been properly noted; they don't.

Most times I get along with the "fat eddies" of the HVAC world because once they have been shown the error of their ways they accept it and become better HVAC professionals. Then there are those who will continue to argue because they are just too proud to admit they were wrong. This is what we have experienced on this thread and that is a shame. Fat eddie seems to be a dedicated contractor and hopefully he will put the knowledge of this thread to good use in the future even if he does refuse to accept that he is wrong.

By the way eddie, you lost me when you made the remark "this isn't rocket science". Statements like that show an absolute disrespect for the scientific nature of our industry and an unwillingness to learn and understand the functions of HVAC systems.

As usual, Bama has kept a level head even when being confronted with ridiculous perceptions of science and twisted data.

I am not a big fan of residential load calcs on change out systems. However, if a load calc is requested, it needs to be done. If for no other reason then to satisfy the needs of the customer.
    Fatty,

Read the above ,your can standed corrected ,he didn't start it!

Trust me,if he had started it ,you would have known it!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast