Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast
    Originally posted by fat eddy
    Don who ?

You are acting as though I should feel sorry for you or something, remember the way this started. You jumped in and started throwing around credentials, and talked about the subject as if you had some authoity, while trying to belittle me and stereotype me into some hick in overhauls,then you realized that you were severly outmanned and started crying when the hammer started coming down on you.

And who the hell is Don and why do you need to post for him can't he type? and what post were you refering to?

PS. I'm serious about the tech rep thing, if it was a for a little more prestigous company it might mean something but c'mon you are talking about Amana and Goodman,
    Now you guys see why I don't try to be nice with jackass's that often. All it gets you is this kind of childish ranting. When someone is too stupid to admit he is wrong the next thing they do is to try to cut down others. It's a classic "idiot syndrome" scenario. We've all seen it many times right here on this forum.

Don's inspiration was his making fun of me in an email. The dirty dog got me pretty good
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

An e-mail from me ? think not.

Originally posted by BamaCracker
    Hey Dip**** guess what I just ran your load calc and guess what your design temp is 98 not a hundred and %^&@^&ing 5

And your load comes out to 25,125 You fuc#@$@$ moron.

You are running a load calc at 105 OA and coming up with 31k,when you know damn well your design is 98 only 3 higher than what I thought it was when I figured Ohio,and it comes out to 25,125

I think you owe some apolegies to some people here GEES O MAN

You are incredible, is that how you engineer stuff where you are now will you be working for this place very long or just til they find out your methods ?

[Edited by fat eddy on 02-26-2005 at 09:44 PM]
    I don't know where you got your data, but once again, you are doing it wrong. I ran dozens, perhaps hundreds of load clacs while in Oklahoma, and without exception, all the bin data shows 105 as design conditions.

The day I moved there, it was 109 in the sahde, and got as high as 112 while I lived there. 95º is the desing temp for the Gulf Coast, Mobile, AL, Pensacola, FL, and other places where the high tmeperature EVER is 105.

Besides which, from what you told us, this would be the first laod calc you ever ran, and you still don't have enough infomation about that house to run the load.

You are barking up a tree here Fat Boy, and doing ti with obscentities.

For someone who takes such offense at being called names, you sure can dish em out.

Apology? Only when I am wrong.
    Bama, I hate to do this to you, but I have the Manual J 8th edition in front of me right now and the design temp for norman, OK is not 105 degrees. The design temp is 96 degrees. 98 can be used as teh extreme.

An e-mail from me ? think not.
    You don't comprihend what you read, do you?

Just think RoBo, you can copy and paste this whole thread in the chapter titled, “what’s wrong with the HVAC industry today” of your soon to be, hot off the press book.

Originally posted by bluetooth751
    Bama, I hate to do this to you, but I have the Manual J 8th edition in front of me right now and the design temp for norman, OK is not 105 degrees. The design temp is 96 degrees. 98 can be used as teh extreme.
    I think he was allowing for all the hot air being spewed in this thread.

Thank You for verifying that Blue tooth, I was counting on my 4,000 software to at least be aligned with man J

But its of no importance now, I'm about to get axed for being right about the whole damn thing anyway.

Wink

Hey Fat Eddy 1500 Sq FT 3 tons remember the glass house??? THe one without a window, OH YEA!!!!

Please post because you took it out of context,

I said if you put 3ton in a 1500 home it better be a glass house because a normal home wouldn't have that kind of load.

So your able to size a system for any part of the country regardless of climate,duct sizes, humidity etc? Im inpressed you can know so much about a given system with so little info.

Sweet,

What are you talking about ? are you refering to the glass house or Bama's house?

Contractors questionable. Make sure whatever he does, you get atleast enough cfm out of the blower (new furnace) to cover your ac unit (400 cfm per 1 ton cooling). Typicaly, in CO, we say 600 above ground sq. ft per ton. On a low 10 seer I'd eyeball a 4 ton unit

Originally posted by madeinusa
    Now RoBo, how’s the book coming?

I was going to work on writing in Iraq. Since I wound up in a tropical paradise instead it's a little difficult concentrating on a book
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678910111213 LastLast