Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Yes , Yes ,

Everyone can post condemnation and links to things to prove it.

but noone will tell me why his unit cycles at 107 OA with the stat set 67.

and then tell me that it would not cycle off at 95 OA when set 72.

If you can get past the fact that you don't want to admit I was right. Then you will ralize that it just doesn't make sense.

Robo, Posting some credentials of being a tech rep carries no merit, is that suppose to put you in a higher class of expertise? I regularly turn down the job you have. Because it is for under acheivers thst have an adequate level of PR skills.And it doesn't pay sh@#.

I stop paying FICA in the first week of Oct. When do you stop ?

[Edited by fat eddy on 02-26-2005 at 10:18 AM]

Fast eddie.

Bama, already said the 3 ton is oversized. But he split the indoor coil to 2 1.5 coils, so when he's in first stage he has a lower coil temp, and gets better humidity control.

If he hadn't split the coils he would have a 50 degree coil temp.

No one has to post misleading info about you, you already have done that yourself.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

His design conditions are 105/72 not 95/72, it maintains 107/67 because it is oversized, I dont see where he stated it cycled at 107/67 and not at 95/72 either

Its funny that we are arguing over the sizing of a system that even a 600 sq/ft per ton hack would have gotten right.

So what it amounts to is he installed an abortion in his home.

In lieu of installing the correct system,

Why are you so ready to beleive and assume that he even did the load calc right?

If he used 105 OA as his criteria then he has already erred and inflated the load calc because that is not the design conditions for Norman Ohio.

Originally posted by BamaCracker
    1550 square feet in Norman, OK.
    As in Oklahoma

Pass the popcorn, this one's gettin' interestin'.

If I knew nothing about heat load calcs, psychometrics, dehumidication, or equipment sizing (placing me among most homeowners), I would side with Bama over Eddy simply by way of attitude.

The difference in attitude is... one guy I will have to go behind and clean up his messes. The other guy I won't have to.

I've spent a good portion of my working life cleaning up other people's messes. Had their attitude been different, so would have how I spent my time.

I would rather excel in having done something right, and to enjoy the benefit of other's good work, than to expend my breath mopping up because someone was either not sufficiently motivated, or overly arrogant, to see the need for an attitude adjustment.

Bottom line...we want the public to have more respect for the HVAC industry? Then this attidude of "it ain't rocket science" has gotta go. Sure, it's not ROCKET science, but it is THERMODYNAMIC science. Why would anyone think that's any less significant?
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

our salesman takes a lap top on every job and does a load calc right there with the homeowner,this is very very easy to do,i cant think of a reason to not do it unless your just lazy, this is kinda like some techs saying they dont use superheat, your there on the job its easy to do,not doing it is just plain lazy

[Edited by filterchanger on 02-26-2005 at 12:04 PM]

Originally posted by fat eddy
    Why are you so ready to beleive and assume that he even did the load calc right?

I believe Bama because I have probably read 5000 of his 6000 posts here and every one of his 2000 posts on another board.
    It's funny how people come across on these boards. Bama is articulate, intelligent and has a loyalty streak that would make your head spin.

For all I know of you fat eddy, we may enjoy a nice cold beer together.
    But the reality is the way you come across, I think you are an *******.

C'mon Shophound

You can't be serious,

If you had two people come to your home for estimates, say bama then me

And Bama said the following,

I did a load calc on your home but I am going to put in a unit that is to large anyway,then split the indoor coil in half, combine that with a two speed compressor, then turn your new ac unit into a heatpump by adding a bunch of components to it in the field.I suspect it will all work fine cause Its the same thing I did at my house.

And I said the folowing,

Yes mam\sir I have done many homes of this type in this area and I do beleive that your unit was improperly sized during the previous installation. I will install the proper size system that your home needs.None of the work I do will field modify the units in any way and possibly void any warranty that you are due from the manufacturer.

Honestly who's would you buy ?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    When did Bama say,that he would sell that system, to a homeowner?Although we have a member that does something similar,warranty intact.

Load calculation is the proper way,all he agree ,except you.

Originally posted by fat eddy

but noone will tell me why his unit cycles at 107 OA with the stat set 67.
    I told you it was the insulation which allows the system to cycle in my previous post here which points out all your incorrect statements. You obviously do not understand latent and sensible heat, and how they work together. You would be wise to reread my posts, maybe you can learn something. This is basic A/C 101 knowledge.

[Edited by madeinusa on 02-26-2005 at 03:02 PM]

Originally posted by BamaCracker
    MadeinUSA,
    Thanks for the analysis. Very well done, with many good points.

You're welcome. Someone had to point out the WRONG information being posted, might as well be me.

Guy's, I know lots of contractor's that don't do load calculations. But I have never met anyone who would argue with a proper load calculation. I don't understand FE's point, you are not going to convince any knowledgeable HVAC contractor that load calc's are a waste of time. I think most contractors can guess at the load, and get close to proper equipment size. But why would you want to stick your neck out like that? If you perform the load calc properly, there is no doubt about equipment size. How about commercial loads, with lots of people, and equipment, can you also quesstimate these?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast